I'm betting I will be rejected on April 29

Anonymous123456
  • Applicant

I've had friends apply to Allard in each of the last 3 application cycles. In each case, the mass rejections went out in the last week of April. Maybe this year's rejections will be extended, but I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

• Nom! 1
  • Hugs 1

LegallyBBrunette
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, Anonymous123456 said:

I've had friends apply to Allard in each of the last 3 application cycles. In each case, the mass rejections went out in the last week of April. Maybe this year's rejections will be extended, but I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

Dang … that’s pessimistic. Have a little faith! This cycle is very different than many before it. 

Philosophy
  • Law Student

At this point I would rather just be notified of my rejection ASAP so I can move on with my life! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

Philosophy
  • Law Student

(As a side note / data point, I got my waitlist notification last year around May 20th).

• Thanks 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, Philosophy said:

(As a side note / data point, I got my waitlist notification last year around May 20th).

Do they do some kind of ranked waitlist?

Anonymous123456
  • Applicant
17 hours ago, LegallyBBrunette said:

Dang … that’s pessimistic. Have a little faith! This cycle is very different than many before it. 

Haha yeah I do sound pretty cynical, but I've accepted that this year is a little bit too competitive for me with my current stats (my index score isn't quite in the range of people getting accepted) and I'm okay with that! I know UBC is where I want to go and I'm willing to try again if I get rejected.

LegallyBBrunette
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, Patient0L said:

Do they do some kind of ranked waitlist?

They do a waitlist but apparently the order changes so they don’t necessarily rank people. Or not in a way that the applicants get to see what spot they’re at anyways 

• Thanks 1

Philosophy
  • Law Student
24 minutes ago, LegallyBBrunette said:

They do a waitlist but apparently the order changes so they don’t necessarily rank people. Or not in a way that the applicants get to see what spot they’re at anyways 

Ask and ye shall receive! (Last year, at least) 😃

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.01.44 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Philosophy said:

Ask and ye shall receive! (Last year, at least) 😃

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 10.01.44 AM.png

You don't need to tell me your rank but I'm dying to know how many people were on the list!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient0L said:

You don't need to tell me your rank but I'm dying to know how many people were on the list!

Someone in the waitlist thread last year said they were ranked in the mid 200s. It's wild how many people UBC waitlists. I'm more curious about how many people receive offers off of the waitlist per year.