Rejected 2022

existentialdread

existentialdread
  • Law Student

Kicking this bad boy off lolz.....

CGPA: probably around 3.0

B2: n/a

LSAT: 163

Not surprised at all as I have no Sask connection and unfortunately not enough credits in 2 years to be assessed by my B2 (was mostly a part-time student). I did apply special due to some circumstances that I wont get into on here. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

• Hugs 1

matthews95
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, existentialdread said:

Kicking this bad boy off lolz.....

CGPA: probably around 3.0

B2: n/a

LSAT: 163

Not surprised at all as I have no Sask connection and unfortunately not enough credits in 2 years to be assessed by my B2 (was mostly a part-time student). I did apply special due to some circumstances that I wont get into on here. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Sorry to hear that, I also got rejected a few hours ago and was special circumstances applicant. I thought this was the one school I had okay stats for but I guess not.

B2: 3.3/3.4 

cGPA: 2.x- mid

LSAT:167 

• Hugs 2

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

Rejected today. CGPA: 2.Xhigh (bad) B2: 3.59 LSAT: 161 

Strong special claim with extensive documentation and three references.

Varsity athlete with volunteer and work history. 

Tbh I'm sort of shocked, but I guess they place a huge emphasis on Sask connection.

This cycle has been truly unpredictable for me. I thought I had the best chance at L2 and B2 schools out West like Sask and Calgary. Instead I've rejected at Sask and Calgary. But accepted at UOttawa and wait pooled at Osgoode, who I thought were CGPA schools going into this. If future bubble applicates are reading this, apply broadly. You truly don't know what's going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4

JohnnyWalktheLine
  • Paralegal
On 5/3/2022 at 9:13 AM, lawandordermaker said:

Tbh I'm sort of shocked, but I guess they place a huge emphasis on Sask connection.

This cycle has been truly unpredictable for me. I thought I had the best chance at L2 and B2 schools out West like Sask and Calgary. Instead I've rejected at Sask and Calgary. But accepted at UOttawa and wait pooled at Osgoode, who I thought were CGPA schools going into this. If future bubble applicates are reading this, apply broadly. You truly don't know what's going to happen. 

Sorry to hear about that, but congrats on UOttawa that is a great accomplishment and I wish you the best. 

I second the advice to apply broadly. My experience and knowledge on this application cycle, is that most schools have fell within what is to be expected in their admission process...except USASK... I cannot for the life of me find any rhyme, reason, or logic in their acceptance prioritization so far.

• Ryn pinned this topic
Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
On 5/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, lawandordermaker said:

B2 is calculated differently than some people perceive it must be 20 credits that fall within a fall/winter semester summer courses do not count and if you did not take a full course load the year does not reflect your B2 so that may play a factor. I think what occurs is some students don’t understand this concept (I didn’t when I first applied) which has a pitfall on what they believe there B2 years is. 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:03 AM, JohnnyWalktheLine said:

Sorry to hear about that, but congrats on UOttawa that is a great accomplishment and I wish you the best. 

I second the advice to apply broadly. My experience and knowledge on this application cycle, is that most schools have fell within what is to be expected in their admission process...except USASK... I cannot for the life of me find any rhyme, reason, or logic in their acceptance prioritization so far.

Again with the above comment to support the login and reason.

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
On 5/13/2022 at 12:08 AM, Notworthy said:

B2 is calculated differently than some people perceive it must be 20 credits that fall within a fall/winter semester summer courses do not count and if you did not take a full course load the year does not reflect your B2 so that may play a factor. I think what occurs is some students don’t understand this concept (I didn’t when I first applied) which has a pitfall on what they believe there B2 years is. 

Again with the above comment to support the login and reason.

I'm pretty certain I've done the calculations correctly. My stats still aren't outstanding, so I get why I was rejected as an out of province applicant. I see your point though. 

• Hugs 1

Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
On 5/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, lawandordermaker said:

I'm pretty certain I've done the calculations correctly. My stats still aren't outstanding, so I get why I was rejected as an out of province applicant. I see your point though. 

Others were accepted with similar or slightly lower stats so I find that slightly puzzling. Regardless best of luck wherever you get in! 

• 3 weeks later...
Ms.Lawyer
  • Undergrad

Hello All, 

I am wondering what kind of circumstances are "special consideration"? Things such as a car accident disrupting university studies? 

also, if you have taken a lot of courses in summer semester do those not count towards you cGPA? 

Thanks in advance!

ReticentSnacker
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, sk2600 said:

Hello All, 

I am wondering what kind of circumstances are "special consideration"? Things such as a car accident disrupting university studies? 

also, if you have taken a lot of courses in summer semester do those not count towards you cGPA? 

Thanks in advance!

You might get better responses posting in the forum as this is only for rejections.

• 3 weeks later...
KM97
  • Applicant

Rejected today

LSAT 151 

CGPA: 3.65 

B2/L2: unsure but probably around 3.8 

No Sask connection 

شخص غريب
1 minute ago, Aa70 said:

Rejected today

158 and 3.5 self calc

no sask connection

Is the GPA you listed your B2? Also, is it on a 4.0 or 4.33 scale? 

1 hour ago, cjs said:

Rejected today.  163, B2/L2 ~4.2, cGPA is lower...~3.5 without drops.  

Your GPA is on a 4.33 scale?

Aa70
  • Applicant
52 minutes ago, Linen said:

L20 actually, im not sure what my B2 is. My cgpa is 3.2/4.33 but L20 is 3.4-3.5 ish

• Thanks 1

cjs
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Linen said:

L2 and B2 on 4.33 scale.  I also only have 3 yrs (no undergrad degree), virtually no Sask connection, and applied in the last week they were taking applications. I’m not overly surprised I didn’t get in 🙂

• Thanks 1

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant
41 minutes ago, cjs said:

L2 and B2 on 4.33 scale.  I also only have 3 yrs (no undergrad degree), virtually no Sask connection, and applied in the last week they were taking applications. I’m not overly surprised I didn’t get in 🙂

How were you noticed?

Cherry
  • Applicant

rejected today, portal and email! B2- 3.7 ish/ LSAT 152/ experience working with marginalized group and undergrad legal thesis. Goodluck everyone !

شخص غريب
6 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

Rejected yesterday.

CGPA 3.25 / B2&L2 3.7sh / LSAT 159.

If you don’t mind, could you tell me whether your B2 is on a 4.0 or a 4.33 scale?

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit
15 minutes ago, Linen said:

If you don’t mind, could you tell me whether your B2 is on a 4.0 or a 4.33 scale?

All of my stats are on a 4.0 scale

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Thanks 1

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Rejected today.

LSAT: 169

cGPA: 2.82

B2: Not sure

L22: 3.3/4.0

L17: 3.84/4.0

No Sask connection.

Edited by pinsandneedles
  • Hugs 2

شخص غريب
4 minutes ago, pinsandneedles said:

Rejected today.

LSAT: 169

cGPA: 2.82

B2: Not sure

L22: 3.3/4.0

L17: 3.84/4.0

How did you calculate your l22 and l17? Did you include spring/summer semesters? Did you also include semesters with less than 4 courses? 

cjs
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, Green123 said:

How were you noticed?

They sent me an email to check my portal and there was a new tab in there with a PDF attachment\letter.