Transfer Thread

newbie99

frenchie
  • Law Student
37 minutes ago, BarNone said:

Got the offer to transfer on Tuesday June 7 to Uvic! And I have accepted the offer! Was rejected from Uvic during my application cycle, so very happy to be going there!

Congratulations, that must be so exciting! Do you mind sharing your stats?

BarNone
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Congratulations, that must be so exciting! Do you mind sharing your stats?

All B+’s and 1 A-

• Like 1

kittenme
  • Law Student

Accepted to Calgary on Tuesday - Waiting to hear back from UVic before making any decisions

• Like 1

having1Lofatime
  • Law Student

74% average from an Ontario school. Applied for transfer to uOttawa for many compassionate reasons

• Like 1

ccounsel2024
  • Law Student

If anyone's curious about Western, I emailed them today and they responded that, "We are reviewing upper year applications now, but typically our decisions are issued in July, as we are still awaiting transcripts from a number of candidates."

• Like 2

ED31
  • Applicant

Anyone here applied to Windsor? I know its a transfer out school but I'm nervous there won't be many spots 😕

AllRise
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, ED31 said:

Anyone here applied to Windsor? I know its a transfer out school but I'm nervous there won't be many spots 😕

I have applied to transfer out of Windsor, I'll likely post in a thread if my transfer application is accepted. 

ED31
  • Applicant
Just now, AllRise said:

I have applied to transfer out of Windsor, I'll likely post in a thread if my transfer application is accepted. 

Let's hope we both get our spots!

• Like 1

hopeforthebest
  • Law School Admit

Is it worth it to re-write the LSAT if we're considering a transfer next year? Or does the score become less important once we've proven ourselves in 1L? 

13 minutes ago, hopeforthebest said:

Is it worth it to re-write the LSAT if we're considering a transfer next year? Or does the score become less important once we've proven ourselves in 1L? 

For most schools transfers are entirely based on first year grades and the reason for transferring. 

• Like 1

Oochie
  • Law Student
On 6/9/2022 at 3:12 PM, kittenme said:

Accepted to Calgary on Tuesday - Waiting to hear back from UVic before making any decisions

Do you mind sharing your stats?

kittenme
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Oochie said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

For sure! Between a B+ and an A (my current school didn't give out A-s)

sponsoredbycoffee
  • Law Student

Was offered a spot at UVic to transfer last week and just got the email from U of A today. Accepted the UVic offer and will be declining U of A. 

A- overall 1L average. Feel free to message me if you want any other info! 

kittenme
  • Law Student

Accepted to UVic last week, and rejected Calgary - Best of luck to any Calgary transfers!

Taiko
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, boxesoforanges said:

Has anyone heard anything from Osgoode?

Nothing heard from Osgoode yet. Have you heard anything back from UofT? As I understand it, and someone can correct me, Osgoode usually sends its offers out a week or two after UofT wraps up.

Edited by Taiko
  • Like 1

boxesoforanges
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, Taiko said:

Nothing heard from Osgoode yet. Have you heard anything back from UofT? As I understand it, and someone can correct me, Osgoode usually sends its offers out a week or two after UofT wraps up.

No I havent! Although my school was super slow to send my transcript to both schools so Im worried about delayed review at both 😞

• Sad 1

ED31
  • Applicant

Anyone get into Windsor as of yet? Also, is the Windsor portal and website down for anyone else I can't seem to access it.  

Seansei
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, ED31 said:

Anyone get into Windsor as of yet? Also, is the Windsor portal and website down for anyone else I can't seem to access it.  

Windsor's sites are temporarily down this morning.

• Like 1

AllRise
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, Seansei said:

Windsor's sites are temporarily down this morning.

Can confirm; called the administration to confirm. 

Hopefully it is because they are adding the class rankings and course award information, I have been impatiently waiting. 

Edited by AllRise
Extra information.
  • Like 1

Seansei
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, AllRise said:

Can confirm; called the administration to confirm. 

Hopefully it is because they are adding the class rankings and course award information, I have been impatiently waiting. 

Current UWindsor student. Our sites are just down in general at the moment, except for the homepage.

• Like 1

frenchie
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Seansei said:

Current UWindsor student. Our sites are just down in general at the moment, except for the homepage.

Does anyone know when ontario schools typically send out acceptances?

ED31
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Does anyone know when ontario schools typically send out acceptances?

Most schools are saying late June/early July

• Like 2

Any idea on what the average tends to be for admitted transfer students to UofT? I'm guessing around an A-?