REJECTED 2022

cjs
  • Law Student

Rejected just now. 

Applied discretionary.  3rd year applicant (no degree).  L3 4.18/4.33 but was out of school for a long time before that and have some bad grades (<2.0) from 15 years ago.  LSAT 163.

Really disappointed but also really happy for everyone who got in - the wait is finally over!  Also really thankful to have gotten accepted, with a scholarship(!), at another BC school.  Best wishes to everyone still waiting 💗

Edited by cjs
clarity
  • Hugs 3

Rejected today 

156 LSAT with 87% GPA.

I applied discretionary. 

Accepted at Oz and Ottawa and going to one of them 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student

Just saw that I was rejected. No email or anything yet, but the status changed to 'unsuccessful'. Applied discretionary.

178 LSAT

~76% GPA. Not too sure to be honest.

• Hugs 2

Lalalaw
  • Applicant
On 5/21/2022 at 12:24 AM, cjs said:

Rejected just now. 

Applied discretionary.  3rd year applicant (no degree).  L3 4.18/4.33 but was out of school for a long time before that and have some bad grades (<2.0) from 15 years ago.  LSAT 163.

Really disappointed but also really happy for everyone who got in - the wait is finally over!  Also really thankful to have gotten accepted, with a scholarship(!), at another BC school.  Best wishes to everyone still waiting 💗

May I ask which other school did you get accepted in BC?

• Applicant

Just got the rejection email about 45 minutes ago.

Discretionary Category

LSAT 159

GPA ~79%

Did my undergrad at UBC 

• Hugs 1

intothevoid
  • Applicant

3.0 gpa, 158 lsat / discretionary applicant with 9 years work experience. Unsuccessful 

• Hugs 1

Dawnamba
  • Applicant

Rejected today. 
Discretionary. 
LSAT 155 (did the proctor also interrupt you TWICE during the LSAT and didn't reset the time lost? I was scoring way higher on practice tests) 
I'm not sure what my GPA was calculated to be but I had a 3.9/4.0 for my Masters. 

I know my LSAT wasn't super competitive but I had some amazing work experience (18 years as a social worker, own a yoga studio and created a pretty amazing play therapy/yoga program for kids after working with suicidal kids for years) and my reference letters were amazing (Director of an Indigenous organization and a psychiatrist I used to work with)

I didn't apply to any other schools - I live locally and am not prepared to move. 

• Hugs 1

• 2 months later...
Renerik
  • Law Student

Let's keep this thread focused on applicants who were rejected from UBC this cycle.

@CBay I get that you're trying to pick a school between OZ and UBC but the conversations you're attempting to lead on this forum are awfully hostile for no reason.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renerik said:

Let's keep this thread focused on applicants who were rejected from UBC this cycle.

@CBay I get that you're trying to pick a school between OZ and UBC but the conversations you're attempting to lead on this forum are awfully hostile for no reason.

Missed, this, my bad. We can always splice it if people want to discuss further.

• Thanks 1

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Ryn unpinned this topic