Waitlisted 2022

Kiki23
  • Applicant

Also just got the email.  My GPA with drops is 85%, LSAT 170. 

EDIT: I just called and they said I'm near the top of the waitlist which is a relief 

Edited by Kiki23
Got more info
  • Like 1

law000099
  • Law School Admit

GPA: 88.45

LSAT: 160

Officially waitlisted at each of my top 3 choices 😕 

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, Kiki23 said:

Also just got the email.  My GPA with drops is 85%, LSAT 170. 

Wait what!? 

I would consider reaching out to them some time in the summer and asking for specific feedback. 

When I asked for feedback, Gareth went and pulled my file and reviewed it before providing feedback. 

I don’t think that any of us could give you anything helpful because I think that many of assume that your stats (if they calculated it correctly) are a shoe-in. 

• Like 1

Kiki23
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

Wait what!? 

I would consider reaching out to them some time in the summer and asking for specific feedback. 

When I asked for feedback, Gareth went and pulled my file and reviewed it before providing feedback. 

I don’t think that any of us could give you anything helpful because I think that many of assume that your stats (if they calculated it correctly) are a shoe-in. 

Okay I just called and they said I am in the top 10 on the waitlist (not gonna say exactly where in case that's not allowed for some reason) 😅 They also said my personal statement was good and counted positively. So that gives me some peace of mind. Thanks for giving me the extra push to give them a call haha

SunandSaltSpray
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted today as well, 164, 85% (self-calculated)

twinleaf123
  • Law School Admit

Just got the email along with all of you.

GPA with drops: 86% (self-calculated)

LSAT: 164

Patient0L
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, twinleaf123 said:

Just got the email along with all of you.

GPA with drops: 86% (self-calculated)

LSAT: 164

Sorry to hear that 😔 

Did anything change in your application status portal?

ClemenQueen
  • Applicant

I’ll join you all on the waitlist.

GPA 86.4 (self-calc)

LSAT 165

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist 🙂

twinleaf123
  • Law School Admit
3 minutes ago, Patient0L said:

Sorry to hear that 😔 

Did anything change in your application status portal?

It changed from Awaiting Decision to Waitlisted!

Patient0L
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, twinleaf123 said:

It changed from Awaiting Decision to Waitlisted!

😕 

Did the date change to today’s date?

fingerscrossed
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted this afternoon! 

LSAT: 163 

GPA: 86.8% with drops 

anyone have an idea of how many people there might be on there this year? 

elle.woods
  • Law Student

Waitlisted. 

LSAT 166 

GPA around 85% 

Defeated, but will get over it. Already have accepted UVIC but UBC was my first choice. 

• Hugs 1

thelawbean
  • Law Student

Waitlisted as well, will be withdrawing as I've committed elsewhere!

GPA: 85-86% (self-calculated)
LSAT: 165
Regular category

sweetiepie37974
  • Applicant

Waitlisted! Have accepted elsewhere, and will likely be withdrawing from consideration as well. 

GPA: 85.7% with drops (UBC undergrad)
LSAT 164
Regular category

letssee
  • Applicant

Also waitlisted yesterday.

cGPA: 80.47 (self calculated)

LSAT: 169

Not surprised, as I'm a mature student who attended started law school many years ago but dropped out for personal reasons - I suspected that this would work against me. Also was aware that GPAs tend to be higher today than when I went to schoolv - at that time, my GPA was among the higher in my program! Applied general.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! Good luck to everyone!

oyin
  • Applicant

GPA: 3.85 from McGill 

Applied under general

Got into UofT, Western, Dal, and UVic first round, so I’ve been pretty frustrated considering UBC has always been my top choice lol. 

Thinking of giving myself until June 1st before withdrawing and accepting that I’ll be going elsewhere. Not sure about thar arbitrary date though? Just want to be able to move on with my life!!

abouttime
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, oyin said:

GPA: 3.85 from McGill 

Applied under general

Got into UofT, Western, Dal, and UVic first round, so I’ve been pretty frustrated considering UBC has always been my top choice lol. 

Thinking of giving myself until June 1st before withdrawing and accepting that I’ll be going elsewhere. Not sure about thar arbitrary date though? Just want to be able to move on with my life!!

Have you called to ask your ranking on the waitlist? I would call and ask and then decide whether to withdraw or not. 

• Ryn pinned this topic
abouttime
  • Law School Admit

Did everyone get either rejected or waitlisted last friday? Are there people who didn't receive any update?

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, oyin said:

Got into UofT, Western, Dal, and UVic first round

I have a hunch that UBC has probably become the most competitive school to get into this cycle (at least on a par with UofT tbh), which might have smth to do with their new admissions criteria. 

Edited by LordBONSAI

Patient0L
  • Law Student
23 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

I have a hunch that UBC has probably become the most competitive school to get into this cycle (at least on a par with UofT tbh), which might have smth to do with their new admissions criteria. 

I think you are right about how competitive they are, I also think it has a lot to do with them being the only law school in Vancouver.

11 hours ago, abouttime said:

Did everyone get either rejected or waitlisted last friday? Are there people who didn't receive any update?

I’m discretionary and still waiting to hear either way.

oyin
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, abouttime said:

Have you called to ask your ranking on the waitlist? I would call and ask and then decide whether to withdraw or not. 

I called and it turns out I’m in the top 10 which is nice to hear, but still nerve wracking. They told me that the most recent round of acceptances has until May 25th to accept/decline so should hear around then. He also mentioned that ~30 people usually get moved up off the waitlist, so fingers crossed for everyone!!