Is Transferring worth it?

Sadmad
  • Applicant

I’ve been accepted into uvic law, but UBC was my first choice due ti the Kirk’s of course sit offers. I will definitely be doing a visiting year, but I’m not sure if I should try for a transfer as well?

I’m wondering if it’s difficult to form a close bond with classmates as a transfer law student, since many students will already know each other form the previous year. 

pastmidnight
  • Law Student

I would take a look at the kind of transfer applicants UBC gives preference to before banking on transferring -- they are one of the schools that prefer students who would have been admitted as a 1L. Are you still waiting to hear from UBC, or have you been waitlisted/rejected?