Application Checklist In Portal: "Statement of Marks"

ellewoods2.0

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone! I have applied to UVic under the discretionary category (I'm not sure when exactly) and have been under review for a while. I just logged into my portal and noticed that there is a new entry in my application checklist at the bottom. It's titled "Statement of Marks" and was received on May 6th. Under the description, it says "GPA eval", does anybody know what this means? Thank you!

Edit: I just finished my fifth year and will be graduating in a couple of months. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it

Edited by ellewoods2.0

secondcareer-er
  • Law School Admit

Check out our convo in the accepted 2022 thread a lil while ago about it. I really don't want to give you false hope but we did observe a few of us get that entry on our application checklist before being accepted. I really hope that's the case for you as well. I saw that entry and received my call within a week of it. 

• Like 3

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, secondcareer-er said:

Check out our convo in the accepted 2022 thread a lil while ago about it. I really don't want to give you false hope but we did observe a few of us get that entry on our application checklist before being accepted. I really hope that's the case for you as well. I saw that entry and received my call within a week of it. 

Hey, thank you so much for your input (and the warning haha), I really appreciate it!! I will check that out. Hopefully it will end up in some good news 🙂

• Like 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, ellewoods2.0 said:

Hey, thank you so much for your input (and the warning haha), I really appreciate it!! I will check that out. Hopefully it will end up in some good news 🙂

It’s historically (like 2 months ago) a good sign.

• Like 1

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
14 minutes ago, Patient0L said:

It’s historically (like 2 months ago) a good sign.

Thank you, I really hope so!! 🙂 

• Hugs 1

FranksRedHot
  • Law Student

I was a discretionary applicant and had GPA eval show up on my portal in early March, but was subsequently rejected April 19

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, FranksRedHot said:

I was a discretionary applicant and had GPA eval show up on my portal in early March, but was subsequently rejected April 19

Oh noo, I am sorry to hear that! I am a bit worried now but I know all I can do is hold tight and see what happens😅

mjslava
  • Applicant

Just noticed it on my profile. Applied regular. Don’t know if it means anything at this time. Did you hear back, OP?

• Like 1

Possum
  • Law School Admit

I would assume it means they've evaluated our GPA and are now prepared to fully assess our applications.  Finally. 
I just logged in and saw mine was updated with this entry yesterday.
Celebratory/Conciliatory wine is chilling in the fridge.

• Like 2

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, mjslava said:

Just noticed it on my profile. Applied regular. Don’t know if it means anything at this time. Did you hear back, OP?

Nothing yet! I will keep you all posted 🙂

8 hours ago, Possum said:

I would assume it means they've evaluated our GPA and are now prepared to fully assess our applications.  Finally. 
I just logged in and saw mine was updated with this entry yesterday.
Celebratory/Conciliatory wine is chilling in the fridge.

I am glad that they are prepared to fully assess our applications but a bit worried as they had sent out that email to admitted applicants telling them not to hold multiple spots since the class size is full😅

Patient0L
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, ellewoods2.0 said:

I am glad that they are prepared to fully assess our applications but a bit worried as they had sent out that email to admitted applicants telling them not to hold multiple spots since the class size is full😅

Hmm… that is a bit contradictory. They are probably expecting a few more folks to drop out, but who knows why they are STILL assessing people at this point! 

Possum
  • Law School Admit
14 hours ago, ellewoods2.0 said:

ugh, I know!  I wonder what we did to land at the bottom of the pile... 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• 1 month later...
ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit

Just wanted to update everyone that I was accepted on June 21st and have accepted the offer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, don’t lose hope!! 🙂 

• Like 2