Waitlist Purgatory Discussion

LawyerPeanut

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Sooooo what do we all think of still being on the waitlist? Any chance of getting accepted off of it do you think ?

Been waiting since March 9th and it seems like there should be some movement sooner rather than later right? 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
19 minutes ago, LawyerPeanut said:

Sooooo what do we all think of still being on the waitlist? Any chance of getting accepted off of it do you think ?

Been waiting since March 9th and it seems like there should be some movement sooner rather than later right? 

Did you receive an email from the Faculty last week asking if you still wish to remain on the waitlist? If not, they sent an email out to multiple waitlisted candidates asking for a response by Thursday, May 12. I imagine some movement will happen after that deadline... I'm hurting bad over here not knowing if I'm in or not!

bubbles123
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, Ital said:

Did you receive an email from the Faculty last week asking if you still wish to remain on the waitlist? If not, they sent an email out to multiple waitlisted candidates asking for a response by Thursday, May 12. I imagine some movement will happen after that deadline... I'm hurting bad over here not knowing if I'm in or not!

I didnt get that email! Did you happen to get the one they sent on April 4th as well? Also, how do you know multiple people received it? Is there another forum? Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions lol 

saltshaker111
  • Law School Admit
3 minutes ago, bubbles123 said:

Also, how do you know multiple people received it?

Chiming in to say I received both emails (April 4 and May 5) asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist.

bubbles123
  • Applicant
Just now, saltshaker111 said:

Chiming in to say I received both emails (April 4 and May 5) asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist.

Thank you! 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
4 minutes ago, bubbles123 said:

I didnt get that email! Did you happen to get the one they sent on April 4th as well? Also, how do you know multiple people received it? Is there another forum? Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions lol 

I did also get the email on April 4, yes. That email was the first round of them confirming applicants who wish to remain on the waitlist. I didn’t notice any movement off the waitlist in terms of acceptances since that first email on April 4. Several people on the discord channel posted that they received the second waitlist email, and some said they did not. 

bubbles123
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, Ital said:

I did also get the email on April 4, yes. That email was the first round of them confirming applicants who wish to remain on the waitlist. I didn’t notice any movement off the waitlist in terms of acceptances since that first email on April 4. Several people on the discord channel posted that they received the second waitlist email, and some said they did not. 

can you post the link to the discord channel! Thank you this helps 🙂 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
8 minutes ago, bubbles123 said:

can you post the link to the discord channel! Thank you this helps 🙂 

There is a tab titled official discord on the homepage of the forum. That should direct you to the channel.

• Like 1

rb_71
  • Law School Admit

I received both the April and May emails too. Hopefully this means there’s movement soon? However, all my guesses have been wrong so far 😂

existentialdread
  • Law Student

I received the first email but not one last week......it seems like there is too many of us for this to be accidental. Ugh. 

existentialdread
  • Law Student

3.5 ish

163 LSAT

Special facts + lots of work experience in legal. This is my third time applying 🥸

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

I have not received the second one yet 

GPA: 3.85 L20

LSAT 159 

Edited by LawyerPeanut

• 2 weeks later...
Lawhpefl10
  • Law School Admit

I received both emails. 3.9/4, 161 (1 write), third year undergrad applicant.

IllegalIllEagle
  • Applicant
On 5/10/2022 at 12:02 PM, Ital said:

There is a tab titled official discord on the homepage of the forum. That should direct you to the channel.

On the U of C one? I can't seem to find it either.

Ital
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, IllegalIllEagle said:

On the U of C one? I can't seem to find it either.

The official discord for the Canadian Law Forum can be found on the homepage of the forum. I’m not sure if there is a specific discord for UCalgary law. 

• 4 weeks later...
LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Thought I would provide an update on how I am feeling

Jerry Springer Waiting GIF by Judge Jerry

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Hugs 1

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

So how many people are still waiting for word from the U of C. Does anyone have updates. Im losing it! 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, LawyerPeanut said:

So how many people are still waiting for word from the U of C. Does anyone have updates. Im losing it! 

Still waiting for news, but I did email the Faculty last week and they confirmed that all seats have been filled and deposits paid. Unless someone forfeits their deposit (which is not uncommon as many applicants will consider more than one school until later in the summer), our chances of getting off the waitlist are slim!

• Like 1

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Holy fingers crossed that Calgary looks crappy this summer so no one wants to come here! 

• LOL 1

existentialdread
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Ital said:

Still waiting for news, but I did email the Faculty last week and they confirmed that all seats have been filled and deposits paid. Unless someone forfeits their deposit (which is not uncommon as many applicants will consider more than one school until later in the summer), our chances of getting off the waitlist are slim!

damn this was not the kick in the stomach I needed today lol, but thank you for sharing because I feel slightly less crazy knowing this.

• Hugs 2

Ital
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

damn this was not the kick in the stomach I needed today lol, but thank you for sharing because I feel slightly less crazy knowing this.

I had to know lol... I was delusional thinking that multiple seats were still open and they were just evaluating the best from the waitlist to extend offers. I check the portal/this forum maybe two or three times every couple days now instead of 58 times an hour....

• Like 1

Ronald Reagan
  • Applicant
On 6/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, Ital said:

Could you share the context of the email you sent? I just want to know what they were responding to exactly and if there was anything else they said. Thanks! 

Ital
  • Law School Admit
9 hours ago, Ronald Reagan said:

Could you share the context of the email you sent? I just want to know what they were responding to exactly and if there was anything else they said. Thanks! 

I asked the Faculty if all those offered a seat have had to accept and pay their deposit (the deposit deadline has passed for every offer that has gone out). The response was yes.

I followed up asking if all seats have been filled and the response was also yes. The Faculty advised that based on past experience, some of those who have accepted and paid the deposit may forfeit their deposit as they decide to attend a different school, at which time a review of the waitlist would occur and another offer would be sent out, which can happen up until the first week of September.

• Like 1