Waitlist Movement

PinkBarbie101

Skier41
  • Law Student

There will certainly be some waitlist movement over the summer, especially after the July 1st firm deadline in Ontario, but I wouldn't expect much. Dal is also a smaller school and tends to have less waitlist movement than others (e.g. UOttawa is much larger and usually has a bunch of movement off the waitlist). Basically, expect some but not a lot, imo. It's also been a strange year so who knows. 

Edited by Skier41
  • Like 1

ellewoodz
  • Applicant

Wondering this too. Does anyone know if the waitlist is created after all of the spots are filled with people who have accepted or is Dal still waiting on people to accept or decline their offers?

• Like 1

Joostudieslaw
  • Law Student

4 minutes ago, ellewoodz said:

Wondering this too. Does anyone know if the waitlist is created after all of the spots are filled with people who have accepted or is Dal still waiting on people to accept or decline their offers?

If it helps, I emailed the admissions office about a different matter and they said that they're sending a form by the end of the month to ensure people who accepted are committed to attending in the fall. I'm not exactly sure what this means though for people waiting. I was part of the last "wave" of acceptances and the last day to confirm was end of May. 

• Like 1

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, Joostudieslaw said:

If it helps, I emailed the admissions office about a different matter and they said that they're sending a form by the end of the month to ensure people who accepted are committed to attending in the fall. I'm not exactly sure what this means though for people waiting. I was part of the last "wave" of acceptances and the last day to confirm was end of May. 

This is helpful thank you!

Hopeful
  • Applicant

If anyone has any idea of how many slots the waitlist typically moves that would be great. I was ranked 5th earlier this week. I feel good about my ranking but don’t have any idea how much the list normally moves, any insights?

bluebean
  • Law Student

@Hopeful I have no idea how much the waitlist moves but I was ranked 4th and will be declining! Hopefully you get in 🙂 

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, Hopeful said:

If anyone has any idea of how many slots the waitlist typically moves that would be great. I was ranked 5th earlier this week. I feel good about my ranking but don’t have any idea how much the list normally moves, any insights?

That's weird, I was also ranked 5th.

PinkBarbie101
  • Applicant
21 hours ago, ellewoodz said:

That's weird, I was also ranked 5th.

I know my ranking said on the “resident” waitlist, however I heard someone else say that theirs said “world” waitlist 

Hopeful
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, PinkBarbie101 said:

I know my ranking said on the “resident” waitlist, however I heard someone else say that theirs said “world” waitlist 

That’s what mine said I was on the resident waitlist. 

PinkBarbie101
  • Applicant
On 6/29/2021 at 1:58 PM, Hopeful said:

That’s what mine said I was on the resident waitlist. 

Does anyone know what kind of difference being on the “resident” or “world” waitlist makes? Does one waitlist move quicker than the other? Or does movement on each depend on the individual person that dropped out? 

• Like 1

blueyellow
On 7/2/2021 at 7:25 AM, PinkBarbie101 said:

Does anyone know what kind of difference being on the “resident” or “world” waitlist makes? Does one waitlist move quicker than the other? Or does movement on each depend on the individual person that dropped out? 

hey there! ive been thinking about this a lot and my best guess is that there are two wait lists, and since Dal has punished that 70% of the class is out of province, i would guess that the resident list moves slower. I am #4 on the resident list.

bluebean
  • Law Student

I was just accepted off the waitlist (4th world) so there is definitely movement. Declining so good luck to #5!

• Like 2

PinkSuitAndTie
  • Law Student

Is anyone waitlisted for dal that accepted at unb? I'm sitting on the unb waitlist so I am curious about movement there.

14 hours ago, samii said:

I was just accepted off the waitlist (4th world) so there is definitely movement. Declining so good luck to #5!

thanks for letting us know!! hopefully people can share if they get contacted as well!! 

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
19 hours ago, samii said:

I was 5th and got accepted yesterday and will be accepting!

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

PinkSuitAndTie
  • Law Student
On 7/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, ellewoodz said:

I was 5th and got accepted yesterday and will be accepting!

Congratulations! Did did you accept a spot at UNB first? 

• Like 1

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, PinkSuitAndTie said:

Congratulations! Did did you accept a spot at UNB first? 

Thank you! I had previously accepted a spot at Queen's.

• 2 weeks later...

World waitlist and resident waitlist is seeing lots of movement!

anyone else hear of movement/accept/decline an offer? 

Edited by lawbarbie
Wrong

KLAW
  • Applicant

Spot 19th on the "World" waitlist, was sent an offer Jul 23 9:09AM EST. Will be rejecting. Good luck everyone!

CGPA: 3.12
L2/B2: 3.8
LSAT:160
Ontario resident

Edited by KLAW
  • Like 1