Jump to content

Waitlist Movement


 Share

Recommended Posts

PinkBarbie101
  • Applicant

Anyone have any idea how much the waitlist typically moves, if at all? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skier41
  • Law School Admit

There will certainly be some waitlist movement over the summer, especially after the July 1st firm deadline in Ontario, but I wouldn't expect much. Dal is also a smaller school and tends to have less waitlist movement than others (e.g. UOttawa is much larger and usually has a bunch of movement off the waitlist). Basically, expect some but not a lot, imo. It's also been a strange year so who knows. 

Edited by Skier41
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellewoodz
  • Applicant

Wondering this too. Does anyone know if the waitlist is created after all of the spots are filled with people who have accepted or is Dal still waiting on people to accept or decline their offers?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joostudieslaw
  • Law Student

 

4 minutes ago, ellewoodz said:

Wondering this too. Does anyone know if the waitlist is created after all of the spots are filled with people who have accepted or is Dal still waiting on people to accept or decline their offers?

If it helps, I emailed the admissions office about a different matter and they said that they're sending a form by the end of the month to ensure people who accepted are committed to attending in the fall. I'm not exactly sure what this means though for people waiting. I was part of the last "wave" of acceptances and the last day to confirm was end of May. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, Joostudieslaw said:

 

If it helps, I emailed the admissions office about a different matter and they said that they're sending a form by the end of the month to ensure people who accepted are committed to attending in the fall. I'm not exactly sure what this means though for people waiting. I was part of the last "wave" of acceptances and the last day to confirm was end of May. 

This is helpful thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopeful
  • Applicant

If anyone has any idea of how many slots the waitlist typically moves that would be great. I was ranked 5th earlier this week. I feel good about my ranking but don’t have any idea how much the list normally moves, any insights?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

samii
  • Law School Admit

@Hopeful I have no idea how much the waitlist moves but I was ranked 4th and will be declining! Hopefully you get in 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, Hopeful said:

If anyone has any idea of how many slots the waitlist typically moves that would be great. I was ranked 5th earlier this week. I feel good about my ranking but don’t have any idea how much the list normally moves, any insights?

That's weird, I was also ranked 5th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PinkBarbie101
  • Applicant
21 hours ago, ellewoodz said:

That's weird, I was also ranked 5th.

I know my ranking said on the “resident” waitlist, however I heard someone else say that theirs said “world” waitlist 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopeful
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, PinkBarbie101 said:

I know my ranking said on the “resident” waitlist, however I heard someone else say that theirs said “world” waitlist 

That’s what mine said I was on the resident waitlist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PinkBarbie101
  • Applicant
On 6/29/2021 at 1:58 PM, Hopeful said:

That’s what mine said I was on the resident waitlist. 

Does anyone know what kind of difference being on the “resident” or “world” waitlist makes? Does one waitlist move quicker than the other? Or does movement on each depend on the individual person that dropped out? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

blueyellow
On 7/2/2021 at 7:25 AM, PinkBarbie101 said:

Does anyone know what kind of difference being on the “resident” or “world” waitlist makes? Does one waitlist move quicker than the other? Or does movement on each depend on the individual person that dropped out? 

hey there! ive been thinking about this a lot and my best guess is that there are two wait lists, and since Dal has punished that 70% of the class is out of province, i would guess that the resident list moves slower. I am #4 on the resident list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

samii
  • Law School Admit

I was just accepted off the waitlist (4th world) so there is definitely movement. Declining so good luck to #5!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PinkSuitAndTie
  • Law Student

Is anyone waitlisted for dal that accepted at unb? I'm sitting on the unb waitlist so I am curious about movement there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lawbarbie
14 hours ago, samii said:

I was just accepted off the waitlist (4th world) so there is definitely movement. Declining so good luck to #5!

thanks for letting us know!! hopefully people can share if they get contacted as well!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PinkBarbie101
  • Applicant

I’m 2nd on the resident list and still nothing yet 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
19 hours ago, samii said:

I was just accepted off the waitlist (4th world) so there is definitely movement. Declining so good luck to #5!

I was 5th and got accepted yesterday and will be accepting!

  • Like 1
  • Nom! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PinkSuitAndTie
  • Law Student
On 7/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, ellewoodz said:

I was 5th and got accepted yesterday and will be accepting!

Congratulations! Did did you accept a spot at UNB first? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellewoodz
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, PinkSuitAndTie said:

Congratulations! Did did you accept a spot at UNB first? 

Thank you! I had previously accepted a spot at Queen's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
KLAW
  • Applicant

Spot 19th on the "World" waitlist, was sent an offer Jul 23 9:09AM EST. Will be rejecting. Good luck everyone!

CGPA: 3.12
L2/B2: 3.8
LSAT:160
Ontario resident

Edited by KLAW
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.