Rejected 2021

illegallybrunette

illegallybrunette
  • Applicant

Got rejected today! Didn't get an e-mail yet but I checked Minerva just now and saw my status was updated to "refused". Honestly feeling kind of relieved in a weird way? So I guess everything works out for the best. Good luck to all of you still waiting - you've got this! ❤️

Also, my stats for people who are curious: university applicant, 3.42 CGPA, no LSAT, journalism background

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
soupgod
  • Applicant

just got the email telling me to check Minerva - refused. not terribly surprised given the late notification, but it stings quite a bit having just received my undergrad at McGill. nevertheless, onwards and upwards!

• Like 4

BlackPanther
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, soupgod said:

just got the email telling me to check Minerva - refused. not terribly surprised given the late notification, but it stings quite a bit having just received my undergrad at McGill. nevertheless, onwards and upwards!

Would you share your stats pls?

• Like 1

BlackPanther
  • Applicant

Got rejected today! Submitted application in Sept 2020 & rejected in July 2021. Undergrad: 3.7, Masters: 3.85, 12 years of extensive extracurricular activities National & International experience since age of 18. Lots of additional certification courses.  French: intermediary & know some 8+ International languages. Eight years of extensive work experience with multinational companies. I’m terribly surprised & disappointed. 

• Like 1

Munk29
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, BlackPanther said:

Got rejected today! Submitted application in Sept 2020 & rejected in July 2021. Undergrad: 3.7, Masters: 3.85, 12 years of extensive extracurricular activities National & International experience since age of 18. Lots of additional certification courses.  French: intermediary & know some 8+ International languages. Eight years of extensive work experience with multinational companies. I’m terribly surprised & disappointed. 

Oh. My god. What does one have to do? Learn to sprint-run backward? *screams in croissant*. I’m so sorry to hear about your rejection. 

• Nom! 1

Renerik
  • Law Student
19 minutes ago, Munk29 said:

Oh. My god. What does one have to do? Learn to sprint-run backward? *screams in croissant*. I’m so sorry to hear about your rejection. 

Sometimes they've filled their class and are looking to round-out what they have with the few seats they have left. If They've already extended offers to a half dozen olympic bronze medalists, a gold medalist might not make the cut because they aren't what they need to round-out the class. 

• Thanks 2

Lettuce
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Very sorry to hear this. Based on what you wrote here it seems like you probably deserved a spot. Crazy to think that an applicant like you can get rejected when there are CEGEP students who make it in. No disrespect to them, but it's something I have trouble wrapping my head around. I remember back in my CEGEP days when I was making law applications, all of my teachers who were former lawyers and all then-current lawyers who I knew, without exception, advised me to get an undergrad degree first. I did that and in hindsight I can say they were 100% correct.

Rant aside, keep your head up. It seems like you've been around the block a few times and this is probably not the first time in your life that you've been rejected from something. You'll get in somewhere if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1