Chance me pls!

Lawguy14

Lawguy14
  • Law Student

Hi all,

I plan on applying next cycle to start in fall 2023. Any feedback is appreciated!

CGPA: 3.34

L2: 3.79

LSAT: 162

Softs - I finished my undergrad one year ago and have been working at a personal injury firm as an administrative assistant since then. I was a varsity athlete and have research experience in the health sciences. I will have one reference letter from the managing partner at my firm and the other from a professor from undergrad. 

Thanks for any feedback!

EmbeddedClause
  • Law Student

They won't look at reference letters if you are applying in the regular category, and while your experience is good for your personal statement, UofA cares more about your stats.

I got in this year with the same LSAT and a ~3.78-3.8 L2 GPA, but not until the final wave of offers in April.

Some people are currently waitlisted with similar or higher stats, so it's a toss up unfortunately.

You might be fine, but it might be worth it to rewrite the LSAT if you have the time/resources, especially because UofA takes highest LSAT score now.

Definitely a good idea to apply next year either way, but you might have to wait until later in the cycle to hear back. Apply early, get all your documents in early.

Edited by EmbeddedClause
Forgot to clarify my GPA was L2

Lawguy14
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, EmbeddedClause said:

They won't look at reference letters if you are applying in the regular category, and while your experience is good for your personal statement, UofA cares more about your stats.

I got in this year with the same LSAT and a ~3.78-3.8 L2 GPA, but not until the final wave of offers in April.

Some people are currently waitlisted with similar or higher stats, so it's a toss up unfortunately.

You might be fine, but it might be worth it to rewrite the LSAT if you have the time/resources, especially because UofA takes highest LSAT score now.

Definitely a good idea to apply next year either way, but you might have to wait until later in the cycle to hear back. Apply early, get all your documents in early.

Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it. Well you had the same stats so that’s comforting. I also see next to no one waitlisted with a combination of higher stats so hopefully it’ll be sufficient for an admission. 

Lawguy14
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, Lilbb19 said:

you should be good

Thanks for the support. This is how I feel too so that’s good to hear.