Applying as a Second Year Student, GPA = 3.9/4 LSAT = 170

bf-gf

Hi all. I'm wondering if I should apply to law school at the beginning of my second year. For context, by overloading in F/W/S of first year and through high school transfer credits, I will be starting second year as a third year student (I have completed 20 courses). Which is why I'm thinking, why not apply to law school?

My GPA in the 20 courses I've completed is 3.90/4.0 . My LSAT score is 170.

I'm also a dual degree student (BComm/Bsc) and I will have the BSc completed in April 2023. I'd like to mention that in the UofT application, but I'm not sure I will be able to.

My extra-curriculars: Third Place Finalist in a National Human Rights Law Competition, Academic Policy Advisor in my faculty, Judicial Deputy at the student government (we have a judicial branch to do non-academic misconduct), Marketing Consultant (my own business has over 30k in revenue in 8 months)

I spoke to admissions and they said that if I get in, I could apply to defer until after my third to finish my BComm. I'm just not sure if taking the risk now is worth it or if it will impact me if I reapply again in third year. I know uoft is super competitive and they look at your academic program but I'm not sure if they will look down on me if I'm just starting my second year even though I'm technically almost done.

For context, I go to one of the best business schools in the country.

Edited by bf-gf
adding context

Apply, worse case you don't get in. And apply the year after. But I feel like this post was a just a giant flex.

• Like 3