UBC Accepted - Discretionary. Anybody Declining? Holla back please!

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Good morning everybody!

Quick question to my Discretionary compadres. If you have been accepted in the Discretionary category can you please let me know if you are declining your spot? I am between #2-#4 (privacy reasons) on the Discretionary waitlist. If I feel like I've even got a 50% chance of going to Allard next year, I am going to list my house, etc,. Thank you so much in advance either way.

• Like 1

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, pinsandneedles said:

If I feel like I've even got a 50% chance of going to Allard next year, I am going to list my house, etc,. Thank you so much in advance either way.

You can get student loans, lines of credit, etc even with a mortgage. Consider renting it out before selling it. Even if you have to pay a property management company to deal with it for you, may be worth it just so you can continue to build equity. 

• Like 1

AllRise
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

You can get student loans, lines of credit, etc even with a mortgage. Consider renting it out before selling it. Even if you have to pay a property management company to deal with it for you, may be worth it just so you can continue to build equity. 

Agree strongly. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

I too agree with this. Best to stay out of real estate right now! We were looking to get back into the market and a realtor friend (who would have gotten our commission) strictly forbade it. Rents are going up. It’s a good time to be a landlord 😆

• 2 weeks later...
pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, jetblack said:

Just did this past 2nd! Hope you get in! 

Hi @jetblack,

Thanks for letting me know. Best of luck wherever you land. 🙂