Hopefulstudent
  • Law School Admit

I guess I'll start off this thread!

Waitlisted today. GPA 3.7, LSAT 163.

I did my undergrad at uOttawa.

• Like 2

Legallybrunettewannabe
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted today too. LSAT 158 olsas cgpa 3.70. 

how fast does the waitlist typically move? 

• Like 2

lawhopeful28
  • Law Student

Waitlisted today. LSAT 157. OLSAS CGPA 3.65. 

Good luck everyone 🙂

• Like 1

justtryingmybestttt
  • Applicant

waitlisted. it says unnumbered. I assume that's for everyone?

cGPA-3.65

lsat 157

justtryingmybestttt
  • Applicant
33 minutes ago, BelLaw said:

@justtryingmybestttt were you waitlisted this morning? 

Not sure when it was updated but I got an email saying my admission file has been updated this morning

Just now, justtryingmybestttt said:

Not sure when it was updated but I got an email saying my admission file has been updated this morning

Oh i just checked. It was updated on the the 24th but was emailed out today

lawnorth
  • Applicant

Waitlisted today at UOttawa. Unnumbered waitlist. What does this mean? 

(rejected from TRU two weeks ago. still waiting to hear from Lakehead) 

Togepi
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, lawnorth said:

Waitlisted today at UOttawa. Unnumbered waitlist. What does this mean? 

(rejected from TRU two weeks ago. still waiting to hear from Lakehead) 

It means that their waitlist isn’t “ranked” or numbered based on stats. The assumption is that they would accept people from the waitlist based on needs to diversify the class rather than stats. But congrats on being on the waitlist!

lawnorth
  • Applicant

Hmm interesting. I have so many questions! I guess only time will tell. When does the waitlist typically move? How many people from waitlist get accepted? Are individuals selected from the waitlist rather than just proceeding in order? I was feeling discouraged because I hadn't heard anything in so long. Feeling cautiously optimistic about being on waitlist. Applied as mature student.

• Like 1

AmbitiousLawyer
  • Law Student

Waitlisted on May 24 through portal. Email on May 25. 

OLSAS cGPA 3.64
L2 3.7
LSAT 163 (highest)
Undergrad and masters. 3 years work experience after completing my masters. Standard ECs and LORs.

• 1 month later...
LawGirl2022
  • Applicant

Any updates on movement?

I called the University last week and was advised they couldn't tell me much but that there will be movement in the coming weeks.  Not sure if that is good news...

Has anyone else spoken with admissions?

Hopefulstudent
  • Law School Admit

Yea I spoke to admissions last week and they said there hasn't been any movement in the waitlist so far this year. Not sure if that's good news or bad news 😕

• 1 month later...
lawnorth
  • Applicant

August 22 and still on unnumbered waitlist. I guess we still don't know if there has been any movement? 

LawGirl2022
  • Applicant
On 8/22/2022 at 3:36 PM, lawnorth said:

August 22 and still on unnumbered waitlist. I guess we still don't know if there has been any movement? 

I am still on the unnumbered waitlist as well.  I don’t think there has been any movement - however my understanding is that tuition is due September 20 so we might be on the waitlist until the school receives payment from all students. 

Togepi
  • Applicant
On 8/29/2022 at 1:07 AM, LawGirl2022 said:

I am still on the unnumbered waitlist as well.  I don’t think there has been any movement - however my understanding is that tuition is due September 20 so we might be on the waitlist until the school receives payment from all students. 

When I was on the waitlist last year, I got rejected the day after the start of classes (September 13/14 I believe). I believe others who were on the waitlist with me did as well.

LawGirl2022
  • Applicant
On 8/30/2022 at 3:05 PM, MECM said:

When I was on the waitlist last year, I got rejected the day after the start of classes (September 13/14 I believe). I believe others who were on the waitlist with me did as well.

I hope you’re right.  That’s a much closer date.

• Ryn locked and pinned this topic
  • Ryn unpinned this topic