Compiling Posts of Value

ZineZ

ZineZ
  • Lawyer

Hi All,

I have been talking to @Ryn about the idea of having a way to compile posts/threads of value for future users. Think of it as the CanLawForum's version of the "bestofreddit" subreddit. 

I am very aware of the fact that some of the most informational posts made on this forum are often buried inside threads. And as such, they are often difficult to find when a new user joins our community.

I'm happy to help curate this information and keep it updated (it may be inside the "articles" tab), but I'd be grateful for your assistance in figuring out what should go there.

If there is a post or a thread that you have found to be useful, could you please post it below? This can be an ongoing process - please feel free to keep posting here throughout the year and I'll figure out a way to sort what should be included. 

• Like 1

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Have you considered just redirecting the "post of value" link to @KOMODO's profile and calling it a day? 

• Like 1
  • Nom! 2

KOMODO
  • Lawyer

😳 I'm blushing! Gotta start throwing in some terrible takes on controversial issues so that people's don't have overly high expectations 

• Nom! 1

ZineZ
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Have you considered just redirecting the "post of value" link to @KOMODO's profile and calling it a day? 

Funnily enough, that exact post by @KOMODO is what inspired this idea.  

Could always rebrand as The KOMODO Forum 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

• 5 months later...
GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

Post about doing a Foreign Law School Degree at Places Like Bond and Leicester 

• This post should definitely be pinned in the non-Canadian schools forum

https://canlawforum.com/topic/345-advice-from-an-bond-nca-grad/

Comment about Considerations for the Discretionary/Access Category at Canadian Law Schools

• Does not apply to all law schools, but I imagine we will see this approach more and more 

https://canlawforum.com/topic/4238-chance-me-83-with-drops-lsat-165-applied-discretionary/?do=findComment&comment=46036

• Like 1