Chances at UBC Allard: GPA= ~89% LSAT = ~161-164

bumblebeebutter

bumblebeebutter
  • Undergrad

Hey guys! I'm heading into my fourth year at UBC right now, and was just wondering whether or not I had a good chance at being admitted to UBC after I graduate next year if my GPA and LSAT remains more or less the same. Just in case, I will still be trying to improve my LSAT score and my GPA in the meantime with the year I have left 🙂

Thanks so much!

Patient0L
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, bumblebeebutter said:

Hey guys! I'm heading into my fourth year at UBC right now, and was just wondering whether or not I had a good chance at being admitted to UBC after I graduate next year if my GPA and LSAT remains more or less the same. Just in case, I will still be trying to improve my LSAT score and my GPA in the meantime with the year I have left 🙂

Thanks so much!

Impossible to say without a valid LSAT score. If you get it to the LSAT Median you should be great in terms of stats. HOWEVER, through a paper published about UBC's broad-based admissions strategy (I can't remember the link) and through my own conversations with UBC: Don't rely on the index calculator of yore and the idea of "auto-admissions" to declare yourself a shoo-in with the right stats. Your answers to a set of three questions will be graded on a rubric with a maximum score of 15. I haven't been privy to the propriety algorithm, but your writing score with either knock down or pump up your index, depending on how well you do on the writing portion.

Edited by Patient0L
  • Like 1

bumblebeebutter
  • Undergrad
6 hours ago, Patient0L said:

Impossible to say without a valid LSAT score. If you get it to the LSAT Median you should be great in terms of stats. HOWEVER, through a paper published about UBC's broad-based admissions strategy (I can't remember the link) and through my own conversations with UBC: Don't rely on the index calculator of yore and the idea of "auto-admissions" to declare yourself a shoo-in with the right stats. Your answers to a set of three questions will be graded on a rubric with a maximum score of 15. I haven't been privy to the propriety algorithm, but your writing score with either knock down or pump up your index, depending on how well you do on the writing portion.

Hey there!

I totally agree that having a valid LSAT score is the only way I could ever have a good estimate in terms of admission chances, but I just thought I'd ask anyway to manage my expectations so far in my LSAT studying journey, thanks so much for responding!

I hear you about the broad-based admission strategy, and I'll make sure to put in the time for that when next year rolls around. Just to clarify, when you talk about a writing score out of 15, are you referring to the LSAT writing portion, or the personal profile as part of the Allard application?

Patient0L
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, bumblebeebutter said:

Hey there!

I totally agree that having a valid LSAT score is the only way I could ever have a good estimate in terms of admission chances, but I just thought I'd ask anyway to manage my expectations so far in my LSAT studying journey, thanks so much for responding!

I hear you about the broad-based admission strategy, and I'll make sure to put in the time for that when next year rolls around. Just to clarify, when you talk about a writing score out of 15, are you referring to the LSAT writing portion, or the personal profile as part of the Allard application?

The 3 question “questionnaire” that they ask for in lieu of a personal statement. Each Q is worth 5 points. Check out their website, they’re on there.