U of T: 170, 3.83 cGPA, scholastic offence in first year

Fannypack

Fannypack
  • Applicant

Is it possible to get into U of T with an academic offence on record (in a first year, resulted in a failed course, confidential and no mark on transcript but I'm planning to disclose). 

For stats, cGPA/B3 would be 3.83 and LSAT 170. Applying in 4th year.

I'm hoping there's still a chance, and this won't make them throw out my application immediately.

Renerik
  • Law Student

If it's not on your transcript, and it was kept confidential, why would you disclose this?

• Like 1

Lilbb19
  • Articling Student

u know you got a good shot  bb damn. Also no need to disclose 

Edited by Lilbb19

Fannypack
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Renerik said:

If it's not on your transcript, and it was kept confidential, why would you disclose this?

Isn't there a section on OLSAS that specifically asks you to disclose? Also I've heard that if there's suspicion, schools might ask you to sign a release to those internal records. (Mine looks sus because the rest of the grades thay year are so high)

1 hour ago, Renerik said:

I've also heard the CBA asks you to sign a release for those records from your unis. And if they see I had an offence and therefore lied on my law application...

Edited by Doctorfate
  • Like 1

luckycharm

https://www.ouac.on.ca/privacy/olsas-declaration/

We and/or your Chosen Universities may notify the LSAC, universities and colleges across Canada and/or regulatory authorities and law enforcement, at our absolute discretion, if you withhold information or submit any information with your application that is determined to be false, misleading or written by a third party, or if it contains evidence of academic dishonesty or inappropriate or unethical conduct.

• Like 1