GPA Conversion

j4ckie23

j4ckie23
  • Undergrad

Hi all,

I attend the University of Toronto and was wondering if anyone knew how my grades will be converted through LSAC. 

U of T provides both letter grades and percentages so I'm curious as to which will be used when converting. 

Additionally, I was wondering if LSAC will simply look at my cumulative GPA as stated on my transcript, or if they will calculate my cumulative GPA themselves using the converted grades for each course that I took.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the confusing, slightly convoluted post.

Renerik
  • Law Student

LSAC will calculate your cGPA using only the letter grades on your transcript if both letter grades and percentages are noted. (True for US and Canadian schools only)

They will not look at the cGPA on your transcript. They will calculate a cGPA by converting each of your letter grades to the 4.33 grading scale, and then they'll calculate a weighted average.

https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/transcript-summarization

5 hours ago, Renerik said:

LSAC will calculate your cGPA using only the letter grades on your transcript if both letter grades and percentages are noted. (True for US and Canadian schools only)

They will not look at the cGPA on your transcript. They will calculate a cGPA by converting each of your letter grades to the 4.33 grading scale, and then they'll calculate a weighted average.

https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/transcript-summarization

Sorry but this is not as accurate as it could be. OP, go to this link, find U of T, and you will find exactly how LSAC will convert your grades. 

https://transcripts.lsac.org/TranscriptKeys/0982_091998_129999.htm

Edited by jomar

j4ckie23
  • Undergrad

Thank you for the note Jomar. Underneath the chart it says, "BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 1998, THE "E" GRADE AND THE "A+" GRADE (4.3) WERE DISCONTINUED. ALTHOUGH A STUDENT MAY STILL RECEIVE AN A+ IT HAS A GRADE POINT VALUE OF 4.0."

Do you know if this is within U of T, or if this means that my 4.0's will be converted to a 4.0 instead of 4.33 through LSAC?

Thanks again!