Transfer 2022

Taiko

boxesoforanges
  • Law Student

Wow I feel like so many people have already gotten in!! Are they giving offers earlier this year?

LouisLitt
  • Law Student

Probably just round #1 

46 minutes ago, boxesoforanges said:

Wow I feel like so many people have already gotten in!! Are they giving offers earlier this year?

lawess
  • Law Student

Accepted, offer came in July 7, expires July 15. Was notified via email and then it took a little bit for the OLSAS offer to come in, had to email Vicky to confirm. A average, applied on merit.

Anyone know when we can safely withdraw from our other school? I've already sent in my deposit so it's probably fine but my anxiety is getting the better of me.

• Like 1

lawess
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, kilgoretrout said:

Accepted, offer came in July 7, expires July 15. Was notified via email and then it took a little bit for the OLSAS offer to come in, had to email Vicky to confirm. A average, applied on merit.

Anyone know when we can safely withdraw from our other school? I've already sent in my deposit so it's probably fine but my anxiety is getting the better of me.

Commenting again just to correct myself because I applied on compassionate grounds, not merit... I need to sleep.

chocolatecroissant
  • Law Student

Does anyone know what's usually the latest time by which they would send out an acceptance? I've been waitlisted and the "you may be notified of an offer any time, up to the start of classes" is stressing me out. 

• Like 1

superlegal
  • Law Student

Does anyone know if there is still another round of acceptances or did they just send acceptances earlier? I am a mature student with A- average who applied under both compassionate and merit. I have significant reasons to stay in GTA area and was really hoping I had a good shot but I am still in queue. Being in limbo is definitely giving me anxiety. 

superlegal
  • Law Student

2 hours ago, chocolatecroissant said:

Does anyone know what's usually the latest time by which they would send out an acceptance? I've been waitlisted and the "you may be notified of an offer any time, up to the start of classes" is stressing me out. 

From the previous year thread it appears the last person who posted an acceptance was around July 18?  Although I am sure a lot of people don't post their acceptances here. 

• Like 1

lawess
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, superlegal said:

From the previous year thread it appears the last person who posted an acceptance was around July 18?  Although I am sure a lot of people don't post their acceptances here. 

my offer expired July 15, so maybe another round will come out after that.

• Like 3

goodisgood
  • Law Student

Is the link for oasis to view our status showing up as "page cannot be found" for anyone else? 

Hopefulstudent
  • Law School Admit
34 minutes ago, goodisgood said:

Is the link for oasis to view our status showing up as "page cannot be found" for anyone else? 

No mine's fine

Moomee
  • Law Student

there is an Osgoode chat group for transfer students. Around 20 ish or so. DM @Taiko for joining instructions.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, Opal said:

I forgot to post it here, but I got my offer June 24. B+ avg, as well as compassionate grounds. I received notification via email first, then OASIS was updated later. It would be great to get to know some of the other students transferring better! I'd love to join any kind of group chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i'm going to attend Ottawa for 1L but want to transfer to Osgoode for second year. Just wondering what I should focus on preparing for? Are they looking mostly at 1L grades? Thanks for any tip in advance.

30 minutes ago, mikescool said:

Hey guys, i'm going to attend Ottawa for 1L but want to transfer to Osgoode for second year. Just wondering what I should focus on preparing for? Are they looking mostly at 1L grades? Thanks for any tip in advance.

Get high marks. Or create a tragic circumstance that would justify a move to Toronto.

• Like 1
  • Nom! 2

Opal
  • Law Student
On 7/28/2022 at 5:31 PM, mikescool said:

The application to transfer is pretty much the same as the application for 1L. You'll need a reference letter or two, as well as a letter from Ottawa to prove you're in good standing. If you didn't like your LSAT score, you could rewrite that (I didn't). Your grades will be the strongest part of your application. If you're also applying to transfer for compassionate reasons, then make sure you have documentation for it. Don't just spend the year waiting to put through your application, though. Do stuff you're interested in, and make friends.

• Like 1

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Ryn unpinned this topic