Chances of getting into an Ontario law school? [3.4/152]

Applegate27282

Applegate27282
  • Undergrad

My GPA is at a 3.4 and my LSAT was a 152… not amazing scores. I have many extra curricular activities and work experience - is there any chance of getting into Ryerson or Windsor Law?

• Ryn changed the title to Chances of getting into an Ontario law school? [3.4/152]
scooter
  • Law Student

Do everything in your power to improve your LSAT score, your chances aren't good right now. It would make a big difference even if you raised it by a few points to like a 156. Although obviously I would say aim as high as possible.

• Like 1

Applegate27282
  • Undergrad

Thank you! I’m thinking of taking the LSAT again. I’ve heard most people only go up by a few points but it would still help 

law11111111111111111111111
  • Law Student
42 minutes ago, Applegate27282 said:

Thank you! I’m thinking of taking the LSAT again. I’ve heard most people only go up by a few points but it would still help 

That's honestly a myth. With a 152, if you get really good at Logic games + become ok at the other 2 sections you could get in the low to mid 160s easily(LG=-1,RC+LR=-14). I just punched in what score is obtainable if you get 15 wrong on the 25 most recent PT's and it comes out to a 163.8(Used the 7sage score scale tool). 

Edited by Peshmerga

Applegate27282
  • Undergrad
1 hour ago, Peshmerga said:

That's honestly a myth. With a 152, if you get really good at Logic games + become ok at the other 2 sections you could get in the low to mid 160s easily(LG=-1,RC+LR=-14). I just punched in what score is obtainable if you get 15 wrong on the 25 most recent PT's and it comes out to a 163.8(Used the 7sage score scale tool). 

Thank you so much! That’s really helpful to hear. 

law11111111111111111111111
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, Applegate27282 said:

Thank you so much! That’s really helpful to hear. 

No worries, a lot of times people hit a plateau/their responsibilities pile up which is the reason why most think there's only room for slight improvement. You just need a strong mentality, and some consistency/determination to improve on the LSAT(Similar to wanting to improve in anything).