Chances for Ontario law schools and UBC (CGPA:3.58, LSAT 159)

neinei

neinei
  • Applicant

Cumulative GPA (CGPA):3.58

Last two years (L2):3.61

Last three years (L3):3.58

Best two years (B2):3.63

Best three years (B3):3.58

LSAT: 159

These are my current scores, I plan to finish my undergrad with a 3.68 CGPA (if possible) and redo my LSAT. I want to take a gap year to do the LSAT again, and I'll also be trying to find a relevant job for that year. I have work experience at an investment banking firm, and a human rights law firm. what are my chances, especially for Osgoode?

pastmidnight
  • Law Student

I would strongly encourage you to take LSAT again. Right now I would say Windsor, Lakehead  and potentially Ottawa are your best shot in Ontario. You are a borderline candidate at Osgoode, Queens and Western -- getting your LSAT up would help a lot. I do not see UofT or UBC happening. 

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, pastmidnight said:

I would strongly encourage you to take LSAT again. Right now I would say Windsor, Lakehead  and potentially Ottawa are your best shot in Ontario. You are a borderline candidate at Osgoode, Queens and Western -- getting your LSAT up would help a lot. I do not see UofT or UBC happening. 

In my opinion, applying under the regular category, they'd be likely rejected at Osgoode, Queens and Western. Not borderline. 

• Like 1

pastmidnight
  • Law Student
On 6/7/2022 at 10:16 AM, lawandordermaker said:

In my opinion, applying under the regular category, they'd be likely rejected at Osgoode, Queens and Western. Not borderline. 

I was trying to ward off replies from people being like "I got into X with X, X, it's possible!" by using "borderline" rather than "unlikely".

OP, retake the LSAT. 

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

Seansei
  • Law Student
On 6/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, lawandordermaker said:

With their GPA, what LSAT score do they need for those schools then, namely Osgoode?

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
7 minutes ago, Seansei said:

With their GPA, what LSAT score do they need for those schools then, namely Osgoode?

As high as possible. I would think 165+ for Osgoode, not much lower for Queen's/Western. 

Edited by QueensDenning
  • Like 1