RN2JD

RN2JD
  • Applicant

Cumulative GPA (CGPA):3.84

Last two years (L2):3.84

Last three years (L3):3.84

Best two years (B2):3.84

Best three years (B3):3.84

ECs: 1400+ hrs of clinical experiences (nursing), president of student union, research, work (tech), personal projects, etc. I'm honestly not worried about ECs at all. 
LSAT: just started studying so I can't really tell. I am aiming for 165+, and the assessment test predicted 165-180 (Kaplan) pre-studying.

I will aim for Osgoode or UofT. Do I even stand a chance with that GPA? One of those 3 years is 2019/2020 (aka covid year), and has one CR course, and the course load is 4 full courses.

Edited by RN2JD

• 3 weeks later...
Damages
  • Lawyer

That's a very impressive GPA you got there. Your chances will be good at both UofT and Osgoode if you score 165+ on the LSAT. 168+ to secure a position at UofT. So, aim for 170+ for practice tests in strict test conditions.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, RN2JD said:

Cumulative GPA (CGPA):3.84

Last two years (L2):3.84

Last three years (L3):3.84

Best two years (B2):3.84

Best three years (B3):3.84

ECs: 1400+ hrs of clinical experiences (nursing), president of student union, research, work (tech), personal projects, etc. I'm honestly not worried about ECs at all. 
LSAT: just started studying so I can't really tell. I am aiming for 165+, and the assessment test predicted 165-180 (Kaplan) pre-studying.

I will aim for Osgoode or UofT. Do I even stand a chance with that GPA? One of those 3 years is 2019/2020 (aka covid year), and has one CR course, and the course load is 4 full courses.

3.84 GPA per OLSAS?

RN2JD
  • Applicant
On 6/27/2022 at 7:15 PM, luckycharm said:

3.84 GPA per OLSAS?

Yes. I used that excel sheet thing that was provided on this forum. If I were to use UofT scale (I'm from uoft) cGPA is 3.92 but I know its not true bc uoft's A and A+ are both 4.0 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:18 PM, Damages said:

That's a very impressive GPA you got there. Your chances will be good at both UofT and Osgoode if you score 165+ on the LSAT. 168+ to secure a position at UofT. So, aim for 170+ for practice tests in strict test conditions.

Thank you! The only thing that holds me back is my first (of the 3 best) year. I was a full time student but not with full course load (4.0 credit out of 5.0 credit) and had one half course with Pass/Fail - but its that 2019/2020 COVID year that every law school is claiming that they won't bother with those... I am unsure if I can take that statement at the face value or will still have to take it cautiously when I draft my optional statement. 

First of all, you should aim for 180

Your stats will be competitive for OZ with 162+ and 168+ for UofT

RN2JD
  • Applicant
17 hours ago, luckycharm said:

First of all, you should aim for 180

Your stats will be competitive for OZ with 162+ and 168+ for UofT

Is 180 even an achievable goal for me LOL At least I guess if I get around 170 ish for LSAT, I should stand a chance for UofT (top choice)... ok, thank you for sharing your insight!!!

CB2021
  • Law Student

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OP. Apply to the t14 schools early once you have a decent score that is either at or above the medians of the t14 schools and you will have a decent chance to get in. 

I had similar stats and I got into UofT and Oz. I applied on 3/1 (very late into the cycle) to fewer than a handful of t14 schools and I was waitlisted (this was 2020-2021 cycle, which was a competitive cycle). If you apply early with those stats, you could very well get into lower t14s. 

lmk if you have any questions. 

3 hours ago, RN2JD said:

Is 180 even an achievable goal for me LOL At least I guess if I get around 170 ish for LSAT, I should stand a chance for UofT (top choice)... ok, thank you for sharing your insight!!!

I aimed for 181 and got 161

RN2JD
  • Applicant
On 6/30/2022 at 10:34 AM, CB2021 said:

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OP. Apply to the t14 schools early once you have a decent score that is either at or above the medians of the t14 schools and you will have a decent chance to get in. 

I had similar stats and I got into UofT and Oz. I applied on 3/1 (very late into the cycle) to fewer than a handful of t14 schools and I was waitlisted (this was 2020-2021 cycle, which was a competitive cycle). If you apply early with those stats, you could very well get into lower t14s. 

lmk if you have any questions. 

Hey thank you so much for sharing your insight! I will DM you for UofT!!