Transfer accepted

having1Lofatime

Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student

Transfer applicant here, haven't heard anything yet, assuming to hear in July?

• Like 1

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student

I have yet to hear anything either. I've heard most answers go out late June, however I think it also depends on when current transfers get accepted elsewhere to fill all the spots available. If a transfer applicant hears anything, please advise! 🙂

• Like 2

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student
On 6/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, having1Lofatime said:

Has anyone (2L) been accepted as a transfer to uOttawa yet?

Still waiting here! Hope to get an answer sooner than later for living accommodations and such, lol 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
newbie99
  • Law Student

Emailed uOttawa last week and they said:

”Thank you for contacting the Admissions’ Office of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section. 

JD transfer applicants should expect an answer early July if their files are completed. 

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.”

Diskbaby997
  • Law Student
21 hours ago, Hoping2transfer said:

Any news for anyone yet?

Emailed admission this morning and was told both french and english jd acceptances AND denials will be going out "early July" I assume that means up until next week.

Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, Diskbaby997 said:

Emailed admission this morning and was told both french and english jd acceptances AND denials will be going out "early July" I assume that means up until next week.

Awesome thanks!

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, Diskbaby997 said:

Thanks for sharing, that's nerve wracking, yet exciting to finally get a response soon! 

newbie99
  • Law Student

Honestly super annoyed that Ottawa is radio silent like this. Early July is done, we’re moving into mid July territory. I’d much rather them give me a later day that’s actually accurate than having to drag us along with false information, seriously pissed off. 

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student

I agree that a realistic timeline from their part would be helpful. With the hopes that decisions are sent out to us by the end of this week, maybe? Fingers crossed for soon!

Also, does anyone know if the number of seats to welcome transfers into 2L is solely based on drop out and transfer out's? (because that's what I was under the impression) Or whether there is actually a specific amount of available spots they open up?

newbie99
  • Law Student

Just got off the phone with uottawas admissions team and was just told that this cycle was especially competitive and we could hear back at any point between now and late august. I’m seriously over it. I mentioned the email stating early July and was told that it was no longer applicable. 

• Like 1

sim123
  • Law Student

I also have not heard anything back yet, I have a B. 

This is getting super frustrating, I hope we hear back soon.

• Like 1

Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student

Emailed this morning due to my reasons being urgent. They replied this morning telling me I was accepted however my portal has not been updated. B- compassionate reasons.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

sim123
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, Hoping2transfer said:

Emailed this morning due to my reasons being urgent. They replied this morning telling me I was accepted however my portal has not been updated. B- compassionate reasons.

Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Zizizizi
  • Law Student

I have just been told to be admitted and I am waiting for an OLSAS update now.(B+ compassionate reasons) Good luck!

• Like 1

newbie99
  • Law Student

Just got accepted in the French and English stream (B leaning B+ average) posted in the wrong thread!!!

bubbles
  • Law Student

Congratulations to everyone! I received my acceptance today, my 1L average was a high B+ 🙂  (updated on uOzone but not OLSAS yet!)

• Like 2