🎂 Happy (belated) First Birthday to the Canadian Law Forum! 🎉

Ryn

Ryn
  • Lawyer

Our first day open was June 8, 2021, so I'm a little off the ball. I hope you'll all forgive me for being a bit late!

In the past 12 months, we have grown immensely, and all of it is thanks to every one of you. We're consistently one of the top results on Google for many legal industry and law school related topics because of all of your incredibly insightful contributions. I'm also pleased to see that our practitioner section is accumulating some really good content as well, thanks to our seasoned members who have been willing to share their experiences with the new calls and junior lawyers (like me!). I'm very grateful, and I'm sure my peers are too!

I've read quite a bit of commentary from people, both on here and elsewhere, saying that they've found the advice and support on the forums and the Discord server to be very valuable for their law school and/or practice journey. That makes me very happy to hear, because it shows that we're living up to one of our core objectives.

As of today, we have about 4,500 registered members, but serve nearly ten times that many lurkers over the course of a typical month. Our busiest month so far was March (due to the height of admissions activity, no doubt!), where we served over 1.2 million pages.

All of this is to say that I think we've come a long way this past year. We had big shoes to fill with replacing Morgan's old community, and if you ask me, I think we're on the right track.

So, thanks again to all of you. We certainly couldn't have done any of this without you.

I want to also take a moment to thank our Supporters. Their contributions help keep the lights on (or, at least help keep the lights blinking on whatever server this site is running on). With all of our traffic, our costs have grown, so I am incredibly grateful that each one of our supporters and donees have taken the time to help with all of it. Thank you all so much!

(As an aside, if you found the forums useful and wouldn't mind helping our server blink its lights for another month, please consider sending us $5. Every bit helps! And you don't have to subscribe for a recurring donation if you just want to give once.)

Last but not least, I want to thank the mod team: @Hegdis, @ZineZ, @Toby Flenderson, and @Renerik. They do a lot of work behind the scenes to keep things running, and I am deeply indebted each of them. Thank you!

Happy Birthday, Canadian Law Forum! Here's to another great year!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Hugs 1