Chance me: cGPA: 3.2, L2: 3.62, B2: 3.86, LSAT: pending

silver76

silver76
  • Applicant

Hello,

Please chance me: my cGPA is 3.2, L2: 3.62, LSAT: still pending but aiming for 167.

I got a cold diagnostic of 157 and started reviewing 2 weeks ago. I will take the test in October. I had a medical condition that affected my first two years of university and led me to taking a gap year (benign brain tumour) which is why my cGPA took a dip. I'm planning to apply in Queens, Windsor, Western, Ryerson, Ottawa, Calgary, UofA, UVic, TRU, UBC, and USask.

Thank you!

Edited by silver76

• silver76 changed the title to Chance me: cGPA: 3.2, L2: 3.62, B2: 3.86, LSAT: pending
lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit
30 minutes ago, silver76 said:

Hello,

Please chance me: my cGPA is 3.2, L2: 3.62, LSAT: still pending but aiming for 167.

I got a cold diagnostic of 157 and started reviewing 2 weeks ago. I will take the test in October. I had a medical condition that affected my first two years of university and led me to taking a gap year (benign brain tumour) which is why my cGPA took a dip. I'm planning to apply in Queens, Windsor, Western, Ryerson, Ottawa, Calgary, UofA, UVic, TRU, UBC, and USask.

Thank you!

I had a slightly better cgpa L2: 3.7.3.9 and LSAT 160 and I got into Ryerson, Windsor and waitlisted at Osgoode and western so far! I think you've got a really good chance if you get an LSAT of 160+ make sure you really work on your PS! 

pastmidnight
  • Law Student

We won't really be able to gauge your chances until you have taken the LSAT and received a score. Many people score lower on the actual test than the score they aim for. 

Most schools are generally looking for a L2 of at least 3.6, so you're just there. In your case I would encourage you to apply access where you are able, regardless of what you end up scoring on the LSAT. If you were to apply in the general category with a 167, I think your cGPA combined with your L2 would hold you back from being competitive at many of the schools you listed. 

• Like 1

If you're able to squeeze a 160+ and apply access (you have a legitimate claim), you will likely land at a few of the schools you listed.

I had a 3.11cGPA, 3.8xL2 and a 162 (Feb LSAT), 158 (Jan LSAT). I was admitted into Queens and Ottawa, and wait listed at Ryerson, and Western. I also applied access for medical reasons - hope that provides some context. 

Note that only Queens and Western accepted my February LSAT, so I was admitted into Ottawa and wait listed at Ryerson with a 158.