Jd without LSAT

Lio Sam

Lio Sam
  • Applicant

Hello, 

I wanna apply for jd on upcoming session. My CGPA is 3.55. I haven’t written the LSAT yet. i have few years of job experience as well. Now I'm planning to apply for JD without sitting for LSAT. Is it possible to get admission without LSAT score? What are the possible schools i can apply within Toronto? Thanks 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

No. You need an LSAT for Ontario schools. Given you CGPA you will also need an LSAT score anyway.

ZukoJD
  • Law Student

Do you speak french? Well enough to study law in it? 

If yes, you can apply to uOttawa’s French JD. If not, it’s the LSAT for you. 

Chief Keef
  • Lawyer
18 hours ago, Lio Sam said:

I haven’t written the LSAT yet.

You answered the question in your post.

Notworthy
  • Law School Admit
On 6/20/2022 at 2:11 AM, Lio Sam said:

Hello, 

I wanna apply for jd on upcoming session. My CGPA is 3.55. I haven’t written the LSAT yet. i have few years of job experience as well. Now I'm planning to apply for JD without sitting for LSAT. Is it possible to get admission without LSAT score? What are the possible schools i can apply within Toronto? Thanks 

It’s called the law school admission test for a reason. McGill accepts students without the LSAT but you have to have a higher cGPA and be fluent enough in French to complete courses. If that’s a bust for you, then you can go over seas but if I were you I’d get through the test like the rest of us did.

Whist
  • Law Student

The phrasing of this question tells me you haven’t done even basic research into law school or what it entails in Canada. Start with doing that on your own. It’s very easy to find out which schools are in Toronto and what they require.

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 6/20/2022 at 1:11 AM, Lio Sam said:

Hello, 

Writing the LSAT is a necessary condition of attending law school in Toronto.

T —> L

(~L —> ~T)

It might seem daunting but once you start studying it’s actually semi-enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Well, one of the most fundamental skills of lawyering (and becoming a law student) is to gather info that are publicly accessible. Every law school in Ontario clearly states that they require the LSAT as a prerequisite to the English JD program, see individual admissions page on OLSAS: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-guide/

In Canada, there are law programs that DON'T need the LSAT but these are either in French or bilingual (McGill). You arguably can attend one of the civil law schools and ending up practicing in Toronto. However, if your goal is to be a lawyer in Toronto, then you'd better prepare for the LSAT, which most of your future colleagues have studied and taken. It's a hard test but totally learnable. 

Edited by LordBONSAI