uVic Acceptance and Western waitlist

ellewoods2.0

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone, 

I was waitlisted at Western at the start of May and was accepted to uVic yesterday. I am super excited since this is my first acceptance, however, I also wanted to wait for Western as I am from Ontario and would likely choose Western over uVic (as of right now). I have a week to pay my deposit which I will for sure do if I don't hear back from Western. But I'm guessing it is unlikely to hear from them within a week as the waitlist would have more movement after July 1st. Since it's a BC acceptance, I wouldn't be taken off of Western's waitlist, right? Do I need to inform Western of my other offer or can I remain on the waitlist until I hear back? 

Thank you 🙂 

Edited by ellewoods2.0

• ellewoods2.0 changed the title to uVic Acceptance and Western waitlist
Turtles
  • Law Student

Honestly just take UVIC and use some of that 15k you save in tuition each year to visit home as much as you want. UVIC is a great school in a great city. 

But no, Western doesn't need to know.

• Like 2

scooter
  • Law Student

Keep in mind that the deposit could take a couple business days to be processed. I'd suggest you just pay it now 

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
On 6/22/2022 at 11:24 AM, scooter said:

Keep in mind that the deposit could take a couple business days to be processed. I'd suggest you just pay it now 

Good point, thanks! I paid it yesterday 🙂