Rejected 2021

HarryCrane

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student

Rejected today. 

B2: ~85% or 3.5

LSAT: 166

Not surprised after not hearing anything and especially with the over enrolment. 

TheHungJuror
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, HarryCrane said:

Rejected today. 

B2: ~85% or 3.5

LSAT: 166

Not surprised after not hearing anything and especially with the over enrolment. 

Unless your CGPA is really low a rejection with these stats is borderline criminal. Honestly, I get that schools have been dealing with Covid and stuff, but so has everyone else. They should at least have the responsibility to get back to students in a timely manner and have some system in order to not over enroll. 

• Like 1

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
3 minutes ago, TheHungJuror said:

Unless your CGPA is really low a rejection with these stats is borderline criminal. Honestly, I get that schools have been dealing with Covid and stuff, but so has everyone else. They should at least have the responsibility to get back to students in a timely manner and have some system in order to not over enroll. 

CGPA would be like a 2.8, L2 was a 3.2.

USask is known to take their time, and honestly I was expecting a waitlist at best, rejected more likely. My stats would have helped me earlier in the cycle with early acceptances.

TheHungJuror
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, HarryCrane said:

CGPA would be like a 2.8, L2 was a 3.2.

USask is known to take their time, and honestly I was expecting a waitlist at best, rejected more likely. My stats would have helped me earlier in the cycle with early acceptances.

Makes more sense, best of luck in the future/other schools. I still stand by my statement that schools should have been more timely though. 

Nagatoro1
  • Applicant

Rejected 

B2:3.2

LSAT: 166,166

Expected with the news but still stings. Always next year!

Bambi
  • Applicant

Does anyone know if cGPA or Personal Statement matters a lot for borderline students? I am a bit confused with their criteria now as I saw a 3.5/164 in the waitlist thread but 3.5/166 got rejected....😮

Renerik
  • Law Student

If you applied last minute and your PS includes "I always wanted to become a dictator, but law school will also give me the tools to abuse those under my power", you are most certainly getting a rejection over someone who has worse stats but a good PS and applied early.

Jokes aside, applying early with an LSAT score already in-hand is a massive advantage  and gets lower stat applicants better chances than those who apply later.

Edited by Renerik

Azzuri2021
  • Applicant

Where am I able to see if/when my status has changed? All I can see is “completed” and when I click view on actions it takes me to my application 

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Rejected on Friday -  B2 3.7 and LSAT 156, no sask connection