What counts as a Saskatchewan connection?

Crisp505

Crisp505
  • Applicant

My Dad graduated from there in the late 90’s with a Doctorate in Veterinary medicine and was a donor for many years. 

• LOL 3

СлаваУкраїні
  • Law Student

From the website:

For applicants with a Saskatchewan connection, indicate on your application if your siblings are currently attending the University of Saskatchewan, or if your parents, siblings or grandparents have attended the University of Saskatchewan College of Law. Indicate if you are a former resident of Saskatchewan, and if you attended elementary and/or high school in Saskatchewan. If you consider that you have another type of connection with Saskatchewan, for example, a spouse currently attending the University of Saskatchewan, indicate this on the application form. If there is insufficient space on the application form, provide further details in your personal statement. 

Based on that I don’t think you’d count, since your parent attended USask but not the College of Law. It still probably wouldn’t hurt to mention it, though.

janeproc
  • Law Student

If your parent went to the University of Saskatchewan then it may count. In whichever case, list it on your application in the connections section, there are people with hazier connections than that that have been admitted.

Edited by janeproc

user789
  • Law Student

The connections I listened (not too sure if they considered them or not) is how all my extended family owns land/farms in Sask, one of my parents was born and raised in Sask, and I had a cousin go to usask for a bachelors degree. I doubt they considered some of those connections, but I listed them anyways because what’s the harm.