Do you need to pass the bar for a specific province in order to work there?

nocturnalrelativism

nocturnalrelativism
  • Law Student

I'm in Quebec, currently a civil law student. I'm planning on also getting my common law degree after that. 

I want to write the Quebec bar but I'm also interested in potentially working in other provinces in the future, such as Ontario. Does this mean I would have to pass the Ontario bar? Or will I be ok since I would already have (hypothetically) passed the Quebec bar?

1 hour ago, Rashabon said:

Would you mind compiling a list of links applicable to each province and territory? 

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
11 minutes ago, crazy4u said:

Would you mind compiling a list of links applicable to each province and territory? 

Yes, obviously I would? Go look up the law society website in each jurisdiction if you want.

• Like 4
  • LOL 19
  • Nom! 3

Ah, the joys of being mistaken for a paid resource as opposed to a random message board community. 

• Like 2

Patient0L
  • Law Student
8 hours ago, Hegdis said:

Ah, the joys of being mistaken for a paid resource as opposed to a random message board community. 

Or perhaps a search engine.