Able to Defer to next fall?

Dan-Sam

Dan-Sam
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, I accepted the offer from TRU on July 13, but I am still waiting for my study permit (application submitted on July 14, 2022), the IRCC website shows it takes two weeks to process the application on average, but it varies from people to people, I heard some people even waited 8 weeks to get a study permit. I am wondering if I could defer to the next fall provided that I did not get my study permit approval by August 1st? As this, apparently, is not my fault. Thanks guys!

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 7/25/2022 at 11:55 AM, Dan-Sam said:

Hi everyone, I accepted the offer from TRU on July 13, but I am still waiting for my study permit (application submitted on July 14, 2022), the IRCC website shows it takes two weeks to process the application on average, but it varies from people to people, I heard some people even waited 8 weeks to get a study permit. I am wondering if I could defer to the next fall provided that I did not get my study permit approval by August 1st? As this, apparently, is not my fault. Thanks guys!

I would talk to admissions ASAP. (Is it Stefani?) It’s not something to take on yourself. Most schools have a office for international students who can help with this stuff. There might ge a way to expedite the process and/or enter on temporary visa while waiting for your permit. (Tho, don’t take my word for it on the last part, I vaguely remember being able to do something like that when studying abroad, not in Canada—nonetheless, don’t try to figure this stuff out in your own!)

Dan-Sam
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Patient0L said:

I would talk to admissions ASAP. (Is it Stefani?) It’s not something to take on yourself. Most schools have a office for international students who can help with this stuff. There might ge a way to expedite the process and/or enter on temporary visa while waiting for your permit. (Tho, don’t take my word for it on the last part, I vaguely remember being able to do something like that when studying abroad, not in Canada—nonetheless, don’t try to figure this stuff out in your own!)

Thanks for your information, I have already sent an email to Stefani, and will wait till this weekend, and then decide how to proceed then. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
SabaE
  • Applicant
On 7/25/2022 at 11:55 AM, Dan-Sam said:

Hello, I am now in the same situation as you. Can you please let me know did that go with you?

Edited by SabaE