Chance me. Indigenous Student 155 LSAT (PT Scores) and 3.9 CGPA

elle102

elle102
  • Applicant

New here but feeling anxious with my LSAT coming up

-I'm writing the August 2022 LSAT and have been consistently averaging 155 on my PTs. I will most likely be on retaking it though in the fall because I really would like to get a 160. 

-My GPA is 84-85% (3.9 according to UBC's GPA equivalency). 

-I really want to go to UBC (my top school by far and where I'm completing my undergrad) 

-In the worst case scenario if I can't score above 155, what are my chances of getting into UBC as an Indigenous student?

Patient0L
  • Law Student

UBC is admissions really good about answering these kinds of questions if you call them and ask.

Pittielynn
  • Law Student

For UBC, the average LSAT score of the admitted students is 166 (according to the UBC website). That means there are people getting admitted with a lower score, however at 155, I think you would be more likely to get waitlisted or rejected. If I were you, I'd be prepared to write again in October. Try to get as close to 166 as possible and/or consider other schools.

Good luck!

scooter
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, Pittielynn said:

For UBC, the average LSAT score of the admitted students is 166 (according to the UBC website). That means there are people getting admitted with a lower score, however at 155, I think you would be more likely to get waitlisted or rejected. If I were you, I'd be prepared to write again in October. Try to get as close to 166 as possible and/or consider other schools.

I agree that a higher LSAT would definitely help (obviously). That being said, this comment ignores the fact that UBC has a specific Indigenous Applicants category. I don't know what the specific LSAT medians and assessment processes are for that category, but they are likely different than the overall applicant pool. 

Like was said above, you can reach out to UBC admissions and ask about the evaluation of Indigenous applications, LSAT scores, etc etc.