Moving to Winnipeg (Out of province)

avocate

avocate
  • Law Student

Anyone moving from out of province? How are you all moving your things? Are you getting an apartment, residence etc.? I'm moving from Ontario, trying to figure out the best way to do that.

lj002
  • Applicant

Not completely the same situation but I moved cities within Manitoba to attend UofM. I would recommend not living in Residence if possible, can be quite rowdy and it is a lot of first year students. Arthur V. Mauro isn't horrible however if you do end up needing to stay in residence but you would live with a roommate there. I'd recommend an apartment, there are a lot of options on Pembina near the University! 

sunshine
  • Law School Admit

I moved from southern Ontario to attend Robson. It cost quite a bit, but I rented a u-Haul and drove to Winnipeg. I didn't have all the furniture for an apartment, so I had ordered stuff to be delivered or picked up when I arrived in the city. I moved into an apartment to live by myself (expensive, but the privacy and quiet is very nice). If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!