Does filling out part B increase your chances of admissions?

sensrock20

Hey Folks, 

I'm just wondering if filling out part B of your application for Osgoode would increase your chances of admissions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

If you have a reason to do so and can write coherently, the answer is obviously yes. 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Thanks 1

@BlockedQuebecois

Thanks for your response, but assuming your don’t have a reason to do so, would it provide any benefit to do so. Or possibly, could I even negatively impact my application by not doing one?

Thanks. 

Archaeolaw
  • Law Student

I didn't fill out part B and I got waitlisted with competitive stats this past cycle (163, 3.74).
That being said, there are obviously a number of reasons why I might have been waitlisted and my stats aren't good enough for it to be a shocking result. I still believe that not writing part B is better than writing something that seems disingenuous (like @BlockedQuebecois said, fill it out "if you have a reason to do so"), but I could be wrong. The prompt is pretty vague for part B imo. 

• Thanks 1

FellowTraveler
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, sensrock20 said:

@BlockedQuebecois

Thanks for your response, but assuming your don’t have a reason to do so, would it provide any benefit to do so. Or possibly, could I even negatively impact my application by not doing one?

Thanks. 

I almost want to encourage you to fill it out, if only to give next year's adcoms a good laugh.

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of why discretionary application forms exist, or who they are aimed at. Which answers your question: don't.

Edited by FellowTraveler