What to wear to orientation and 1st week

Justiceharvey10

Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit

I am a female and I'm struggling to figure out what to wear for the 1st day (orientation), and the 1st week in general. I'm horrible horrible with fashion, but still want to try my best! I am also plus sized so shopping is usually a challenge! If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated! 🙂 

Jeans and a nice shirt that makes you feel confident. Wear a necklace or bracelet or stud that has meaning for you as a talisman for the day. Wear comfortable shoes - not a good day to break in something brand new!

Make sure you’ve showered and applied deodorant and flossed your teeth. 

Do all of the above and you’re golden. 

• Like 1

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

I agree with the above but I’d also add that your school may have a specific event during orientation that requires formal wear. At Western, the first day of orientation began with a “welcome to the profession” ceremony that required formal attire.

For that, I’d recommend something equal to, or one step above, what you’d wear to a job interview. When in doubt, it’s better to be a shade overdressed than a shade under.

Aside from that though, like Hegdis said, I’d wear something nice that gives you confidence. After the first week, when actual classes start, then you’re free to wear hoodies and whatever else (although I would caution you against being that person that wears pajamas, especially if they’re the pajamas you slept in!)

Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit
On 8/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, TobyFlenderson said:

I agree with the above but I’d also add that your school may have a specific event during orientation that requires formal wear. At Western, the first day of orientation began with a “welcome to the profession” ceremony that required formal attire.

For that, I’d recommend something equal to, or one step above, what you’d wear to a job interview. When in doubt, it’s better to be a shade overdressed than a shade under.

Aside from that though, like Hegdis said, I’d wear something nice that gives you confidence. After the first week, when actual classes start, then you’re free to wear hoodies and whatever else (although I would caution you against being that person that wears pajamas, especially if they’re the pajamas you slept in!)

Thank you so much for the help! 

On 8/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, Hegdis said:

Hahah I'll be sure to take the dental advice, thank you so much!