Did I ruin my chances?

thami

thami
  • Undergrad

Hi everyone, i’m an international student at UofT who has been struggling to pay tuition off lol. I started uni by working two jobs and went through some pretty rough times due to family issues. I was taking a few credits first year and ended up with a 2.67 GPA first semester. 
I’ve managed to get better study habits and ended up with a 4.0 second semester. I understand that most schools look into B3, but considering how my first year stats are looking right now i’m not sure if I’ll manage to boost my cGpa up by the time I apply.
I’ve looked into taking a 5th year to make up for that one year but I’m still not sure if that’ll still do for UofT law. 

Let me know! tips and recommendations are more than welcome!!

Edited by thami

vital_signs
  • Law Student

You are way too far out to be making statements about ruining your chances or crafting this kind of contingency plan. Get to the end of your second year and then evaluate this. 

LastOneOutHitTheLights
  • Law School Admit

You can also put a note into your application explaining the deviation in your first year grades. Regardless I agree with vital_signs that you are way too far out to be worries about this, particularly if you keep up a 4.0 and do well on the LSAT.