OCI 2022: Osgoode Edition

LMP

ronaldraegan
  • Law Student

Has anyone from Osgoode gotten a ITC from Bennett Jones? Heard from another thread that they sent it out, but the person did not disclose which school they went to

Edited by ronaldraegan

Harvey18
  • Law Student

When are OCI invitations posted? CDO said the 9th but curious as to what time. 

Edited by Harvey18

LMP
  • Law Student
42 minutes ago, Harvey18 said:

When are OCI invitations posted? CDO said the 9th but curious as to what time. 

They sent out the Vancouver ones at about 2:20pm earlier this week. So my guess is around then. 

Though I think they have the official time listed as like, noon, somewhere. 

• Like 1

Taiko
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, Allegretto87 said:

Where do we actually check on my career? I mean, will a new tab appear .. or… they just email us

I believe its under "OCI and Job Listings" - "Applied". The application status will change if you've been extended an interview. Then you click on the posting to accept or reject.

Allegretto87
  • Law Student

So, if you’re waitlisted, will it say “waitlisted” or continue to say “not selected” …. Asking for a “friend”.. 👀

LMP
  • Law Student
20 minutes ago, Taiko said:

Any idea how much the waitlists usually move?

I can't imagine them shifting too much simply because unless you've got a ton of OCIs you'll be unlikely to not accept an interview.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Turtles
  • Law Student

I guess it's time to start on post-OCIs ITCS/PFOs...

Today (me or first-hand from friends):

Osler - ITCs

Davies - ITCs and PFOs

Gowling - ITCs

FellowTraveler
  • Law Student

This entire process is ludicrous. You can only call on X day, but email? Email is fine.

What counts as an ITC, anyway? Is it a formal "we will call you on the 28th", or is it hinting that "we look forward to speaking with you in the coming weeks"?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
26 minutes ago, FellowTraveler said:

This entire process is ludicrous. You can only call on X day, but email? Email is fine.

What counts as an ITC, anyway? Is it a formal "we will call you on the 28th", or is it hinting that "we look forward to speaking with you in the coming weeks"?

An ITC is an email that confirms they will be offering you an interview during the in-firm week, such that it binds them to give you an interview during that week under the LSO rules. They’re not vague—they’re very explicit. 

• Thanks 1

FellowTraveler
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

An ITC is an email that confirms they will be offering you an interview during the in-firm week, such that it binds them to give you an interview during that week under the LSO rules. They’re not vague—they’re very explicit. 

Then I guess that means I don't have any ITCs! If they're formal and binding, why even bother with call day at that point?