What is a 3.2 US GPA for some Canadian schools.

LebigZ

Hello all, I have been looking at some Canadian law schools and it seems like the grading system isn’t always the same. I would like to know what a 3.2 GPA/4 (~83%) is equal to in some Canadian schools such as UBC. Is it reasonable to think that with such GPA and a good LSAT score one can hope getting admitted to good law schools in Canada? If so, which ones please? 
Thanks to whoever will take the time to reply ! 

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

You would need to get your grades/degree evaluated by WES to be able to make a comparison. A 3.2/4 from certain Canadian schools is a B and around a 72-75% for a lot of these schools, so I wouldn't just assume it translates the way you expect.

This could probably be googled.  And here it is with 10 seconds of googling:

https://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/equivalencies.html

This should give you a rough idea of how foreign grades will be converted on a 4.5 scale.   There may be something posted online for UBC as well.  But it is easy enough to simply pay a degree evaluation service to do the work for you.