OCI 2022: uOttawa Edition

bubbles

• 2 weeks later...
goodisgood
  • Law Student

I've been hearing that we're not really going to hear back until Sept 29, is there a source for this somewhere? I got PFO'd by Davies weeks ago but radio silence otherwise.

goodisgood
  • Law Student
On 9/21/2022 at 10:52 AM, goodisgood said:

I've been hearing that we're not really going to hear back until Sept 29, is there a source for this somewhere? I got PFO'd by Davies weeks ago but radio silence otherwise.

Replying to myself: It's on the Source's guide to Toronto OCIs. The rest of the timeline is up too, though step 12 is wrong (it says our call days are Nov 9, but it's actually earlier than that). 

PFO Goodmans. 

Turtles
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, goodisgood said:

Replying to myself: It's on the Source's guide to Toronto OCIs. The rest of the timeline is up too, though step 12 is wrong (it says our call days are Nov 9, but it's actually earlier than that). 

PFO Goodmans. 

All schools have Call Day (in-firm invites) Oct 28 at 8am and Offer Day on Nov 9 at 5pm for the Toronto recruit

Edited by Turtles
  • Like 2

ZukoJD
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, goodisgood said:

PFO Stikemans. Starting to feel a bit demoralized since this was one of the firms I was most interested in. 

I feel you on that one. 

bubbles
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Anyone hear back from the DOJ - Toronto office yet?

Invites/regrets will be on The Source tonight at 6pm

goodisgood
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, bubbles said:

I've got my bucket of Korean fried chicken booked at 5:45pm. Be it for celebration or for condolences, I'm ready. 

• Like 1

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
24 minutes ago, bubbles said:

Where will I be able to find them on The Source?

goodisgood
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Where will I be able to find them on The Source?

They should be on the "OCI" section as long as you've made your record with each firm. If you haven't, I advise contacting the career centre immediately. (I'm not sure if you only applied for the DOJ or also firms) 

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, goodisgood said:

They should be on the "OCI" section as long as you've made your record with each firm. If you haven't, I advise contacting the career centre immediately. (I'm not sure if you only applied for the DOJ or also firms) 

I only applied for the DOJ. I had no idea I was supposed to make a record lol. I contacted the career centre, I'll see what happens

newbie99
  • Law Student

I really thought I would've been considered an amazing candidate but only received 2 OCI offers... does anyone know what is the average # of OCIs people get?

mostworldliness123
  • Law Student
42 minutes ago, newbie99 said:

I really thought I would've been considered an amazing candidate but only received 2 OCI offers... does anyone know what is the average # of OCIs people get?

From what I gather, the average uOttawa applicant will apply to around 20-30 firms and receive 6-8 OCIs. Assuming you have above-average grades, took time to polish your resume and cover letter, and applied relatively broadly, 2 OCIs seem low. I would contact Career and Professional Development to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student

Just wondering if there's still a chance to hear back from firms before the October 19 deadline? Got an email from an admin account on October 11 from a firm saying they'd be in contact shortly and still nothing. Would appreciate any input, thank you.

Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, frenchie said:

ITC: Osler and Baker McKenzie on Friday

Little embarrassing but I can't find it anywhere, what do these acronyms mean

newbie99
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, Hoping2transfer said:

Little embarrassing but I can't find it anywhere, what do these acronyms mean

No worries!

ITC: Intent to call - meaning they have the intention to call you on Call Day (October 28th)

PFO: Please fuck off - they will not be moving forward with you.

Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student
19 minutes ago, newbie99 said:

No worries!

ITC: Intent to call - meaning they have the intention to call you on Call Day (October 28th)

PFO: Please fuck off - they will not be moving forward with you.

Thanks so much! Would you say that firms are done sending out interviews offers now by chance? I posted earlier today curious about an email I received and just wanted some feedback on it before I get my hopes up lol

6 minutes ago, Hoping2transfer said:

Thanks so much! Would you say that firms are done sending out interviews offers now by chance? I posted earlier today curious about an email I received and just wanted some feedback on it before I get my hopes up lol

Not at Ottawa but I know there are a number of firms that still have to send out ITCs. Absolutely too soon to be worrying. 

• Like 1

Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, LMP said:

Not at Ottawa but I know there are a number of firms that still have to send out ITCs. Absolutely too soon to be worrying. 

Okay thanks I appreciate it, can't help but worry ahah, my email on Oct 11 seemed automated but said looking forward to contacting you in the near future and of course they haven't so thats why I worry lol