Re-applying

CanLawHopeful

CanLawHopeful
  • Law School Admit

Hi all. I submitted applications back in 2020, but with everything that COVID brought (and specifically, unease as to whether classes would be in-person or not), I withdrew my applications late into the cycle. Since that time, I've gained another 2 years of professional experience and re-wrote the LSAT (improved my score pretty significantly).

Now, as I boot up OLSAS again, I have my previous essays on file from 2020. I'm wondering what the consensus is around schools seeing my re-application. Do they keep previous essays on file, and look unfavorably on seeing the same application materials again (so I should substantially re-write my personal statements)?

Ideally I'd like to (and will) beef up my essays with my last couple years of experience/knowledge gained, but would like to avoid having to complete the entire process again.

Thanks!

Renerik
  • Law Student

I wouldn't start from zero but I'd do significant work on it. If I read an essay I wrote two years ago I'd want to ameliorate a decent bit of it.

Schools might keep essays on file if you applied recently, but they won't penalize you because you re-used a paragraph or two.

• Like 1