LSAC CAS service for Canadian Law schools?

Heisenberg45

Heisenberg45
  • Law School Admit

I am currently creating my applications for law schools in Canada and can’t find any information about whether or not Canadian law schools can access letters of recommendation through the CAS or if each reference has to send their letters to each school directly. 

if anyone knows anything about this it would be much appreciated. 

Edited by Heisenberg45
Spelling

BirdsArentReal
  • Law Student

It would all be done through OLSAS, they have their own letter requesting service. As for schools outside Ontario, many do not require letters and those that do would mostly require them to be sent directly to the school.

TheDevilIKnow
  • Articling Student

I don't think any Canadian law schools use any facet of the CAS whatsover, actually.* LSAC could certainly do a better job of communicating this to Canadian applicants, as this sort of thread seems to pop up every year.

*As a 3L, my experience is getting a little more dated every year. As always, verify all procedural requirements with every individual school. 🙂