Reference Letters

lawstudent22

lawstudent22
  • Applicant

Hello! I'm looking to apply to Osgoode this cycle, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/insight into how important reference letters were to your application?

As background, my current stats are: CGPA- 3.97, L2/B2- 3.98, LSAT- 165.

I have decent ECs but I only have one good reference from an employer as of now, but not one from a prof (Covid made it hard to forge connections during the prime time of 2nd/3rd year... but I suppose that's just an excuse)...

Any input would be much appreciated !!

thrill
  • Law Student

I would ask professors anyways. They write a lot of references, and I've heard of profs writing letters for students who assumed they'd forgotten them during Zoom

lawstudent22
  • Applicant

Thanks! Would you say my application would be weakened by the fact that the prof may not know me at a personal level/not a long period of time?

LLCC
  • Law Student

You've got impressive stats. I'd say you will likely get in both Oz and UofT. Ask your prof anyways as long as you get an A from their class. The academic reference letter focuses mostly on your ability to learn. The fact that your prof doesn't know you well in person shouldnt be a big problem.