Chances? CGPA- 3.7ish(84%) LSAT- 170, UBC / Osgoode

Bunnypunch

Bunnypunch
  • Applicant

Hi folks, hoping you're having a great day.

I've just got my LSAT score and just wondering if you mind sparing time discussing the possibility of acceptance to UBC or Oz. 

My CGPA is 3.7ish (84%, UBC CPGA%), LSAT 170.

My ECs are pretty weak, only got 3 minor scholarships and 3 terms of co-ops as a RA, nothing much about community contribution besides cutting fruits in the community kitchen and had no experience in legal related fields. I'm an international student and I did my undergrad at UVic. 

UBC is my top choice and my UBC index score is about 92.8. I know that the index score  bumped up last year. I'm kinda concerned and is considering taking another LSAT in Oct to get a 93 index score. 

What are my chances for UBC and Oz?

With many thanks! 

fc123
  • Applicant

Should be good for UBC, I know people on this forum that applied with an even lower gpa than you. This cycle is less competitive from what I've heard as well.

• Like 1

Arc2000
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, Bunnypunch said:

Hi folks, hoping you're having a great day.

I've just got my LSAT score and just wondering if you mind sparing time discussing the possibility of acceptance to UBC or Oz. 

My CGPA is 3.7ish (84%, UBC CPGA%), LSAT 170.

My ECs are pretty weak, only got 3 minor scholarships and 3 terms of co-ops as a RA, nothing much about community contribution besides cutting fruits in the community kitchen and had no experience in legal related fields. I'm an international student and I did my undergrad at UVic. 

UBC is my top choice and my UBC index score is about 92.8. I know that the index score  bumped up last year. I'm kinda concerned and is considering taking another LSAT in Oct to get a 93 index score. 

What are my chances for UBC and Oz?

With many thanks! 

I go to UBC and know many people who got in with mid-low 92 index scores - make sure to put a lot of effort into your personal statement though  🙂 can’t speak to Oz. 

• 2 weeks later...
Bunnypunch
  • Applicant
On 10/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, Chef Justice said:

What's your B3?

Hi, thank you for replying. My B3 is 3.76.

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

It could go either way. Your LSAT is at their 75th percentile but your B3 is below their 25th percentile.

Bunnypunch
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, Chef Justice said:

It could go either way. Your LSAT is at their 75th percentile but your B3 is below their 25th percentile.

Thank you very much! I guess it's really up to my PS now.

bunby
  • Law School Admit
On 9/28/2022 at 10:21 PM, familiarcherry said:

Should be good for UBC, I know people on this forum that applied with an even lower gpa than you. This cycle is less competitive from what I've heard as well.

Where are you hearing the cycle is less competitive, out of curiosity?

• Like 1