chance me? cGPA: 3.91, B3: 3.93, LSAT: 165 (UofT/Osgoode)

seahawksfan12

seahawksfan12
  • Undergrad

Thoughts on my chances for UofT/Osgoode? How much emphasis will be put on the personal statement at this point?

Also, I'm not too sure if I've done the OLSAS GPA calculation right... doing my undergrad at UofT, so my cGPA there is 3.97/4.0. My calculation also includes two summer school courses. Does UofT frown upon that? Should I remove it from my calculation altogether?

Thanks!!

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

In at Osgoode. UofT is a little more uncertain. You're above their B3 median but below their LSAT median, so it could go either way. I'm not too sure how UofT feels about summer school courses. Either way, if you're confident in getting a higher score on the LSAT, even getting a few points higher will increase your chances for UofT. 

seahawksfan12
  • Undergrad
10 minutes ago, Chef Justice said:

In at Osgoode. UofT is a little more uncertain. You're above their B3 median but below their LSAT median, so it could go either way. I'm not too sure how UofT feels about summer school courses. Either way, if you're confident in getting a higher score on the LSAT, even getting a few points higher will increase your chances for UofT. 

To be honest, the LSAT has been a headache. Really surprised I even pulled off a 165, especially given how I performed on my first take. Any idea on how UofT views the personal statement? With my stats, do you think they’ll pay more attention to the statement?

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

If I remember correctly, UofT says they weigh the statement as 1/3 of your application. Your B3 GPA is essentially at UofT's 75th percentile for admission but your LSAT is at their 25 percentile for admission. In your case, your personal statement may be the thing that puts you over another applicant. If you're not confident in getting a higher LSAT then I wouldn't waste the time of re-writing and I would focus on making sure your personal statement is the best it can be.

Either way, I would be shocked if you don't get into Osgoode, given that your stats puts you above both their medians.