2023 New York Recruit Results

helloall

• Ryn pinned this topic
mistertubby
  • Law Student

I doubt that most/any of the firms on the UV list are going to be deferring start dates, or god forbid laying off first-years

15 minutes ago, mistertubby said:

I doubt that most/any of the firms on the UV list are going to be deferring start dates, or god forbid laying off first-years

True, at the moment the only firms I can foresee laying off juniors are the EC/VC-heavy firms like Cooley.

ruthlessfox
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, mistertubby said:

Agreed, I'm not really speculating on that as much as the US market's appetite in the following year or so for scores of Canadian students.

Edited by ruthlessfox

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, helloall said:

True, at the moment the only firms I can foresee laying off juniors are the EC/VC-heavy firms like Cooley.

Didn't want to bump this, but this was a prescient prediction.

• 10 months later...
theycancallyouhoju
  • Lawyer

Without giving specifics, I can confirm a number of V20 firms are letting people go quietly, slowly, and while refusing to speak of layoffs. From what I’ve seen, it’s more likely to be midlevel seniority.