cGPA 3.95, L2 3.92, LSAT 157

msephora

msephora
  • Law School Admit

Hello! 

Looking for some advice regarding chances and retaking the LSAT. My top schools are Western & Queens but I will also apply to Ottawa, Windsor, and Ryerson as backups. I know my LSAT is the weakest part of my application. My sketch is strong; some highlights are voting member on academic senate, eight awards, teaching assistant, two 1on1 courses with professors, and I’ve been working at a bank during my studies. I will have 2 very strong academic references and my personal statement should be seen as unique and compelling. 

Thoughts on chances? I am registered to write the October LSAT but I don’t think I gave myself enough time for studying. I am considering withdrawing as I don’t want my most recent score to be lower (I know they look at your best but still) or burn myself out that my final year grades drop. 

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

Your LSAT makes you a little more unpredictable but you're more likely than not to get into one of the schools you listed. I would recommend applying to Osgoode. Your cGPA would put you well above their median, and help compensate for your LSAT. Lincoln Alexander is too unpredictable, so I'm not sure what your chances are there. You're in at Windsor. Strong chances at Ottawa. Your stats put you in a weird place for Western and Queens. Western will appreciate your cGPA so your LSAT may be mitigated there. At Queens, however, your cGPA may not mitigate your LSAT as much, since they don't explicitly state that they put emphasis on cGPA. Your B2 will be strong but your LSAT just meets the cutoff for them, so you may be in a bit of a grey area there.

I wouldn't withdraw from the October test. You still have plenty of room to improve and even potentially bumping up your score by 1 or 2 points can make the difference.

Goodluck!

• 4 weeks later...
Piccolo
  • Law Student
On 10/1/2022 at 11:41 AM, msephora said:

Hello! 

Looking for some advice regarding chances and retaking the LSAT. My top schools are Western & Queens but I will also apply to Ottawa, Windsor, and Ryerson as backups. I know my LSAT is the weakest part of my application. My sketch is strong; some highlights are voting member on academic senate, eight awards, teaching assistant, two 1on1 courses with professors, and I’ve been working at a bank during my studies. I will have 2 very strong academic references and my personal statement should be seen as unique and compelling. 

Thoughts on chances? I am registered to write the October LSAT but I don’t think I gave myself enough time for studying. I am considering withdrawing as I don’t want my most recent score to be lower (I know they look at your best but still) or burn myself out that my final year grades drop. 

You may want to consider applying to Osgoode. I know a few students who got in with stats comparable to yours and you may benefit from the hollistic approach they take.