Mature student: GPA 3.1, LSAT 173

Ruerivard

Ruerivard
  • Applicant

Hi all,

I’ll be a mature applicant with 10 years of work experience (media for national orgs, high positions/national awards).

Curious to hear your thoughts of my chances for Osgoode/U of T/Ottawa/Queens (maybe UBC)—will have a strong personal statement and good LSAT, but will that make up for a very low GPA from a decade ago?

Thanks,

goodisgood
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, Ruerivard said:

Hi all,

I’ll be a mature applicant with 10 years of work experience (media for national orgs, high positions/national awards).

Curious to hear your thoughts of my chances for Osgoode/U of T/Ottawa/Queens (maybe UBC)—will have a strong personal statement and good LSAT, but will that make up for a very low GPA from a decade ago?

Thanks,

I think you're precisely the type of candidate the Mature category is for. I got into Ottawa, Western, Windsor and was waitlisted at Osgoode with a lower GPA & LSAT.