2024 Applicant

Roha

Roha
  • Applicant

First time applying and writing the LSAT and would love to connect with other 2024 applicants!

Which LSAT are you writing? How are you preparing yourself?

Super nervous lol, would love to connect and swap tips 🙂 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
kwandering
  • Applicant

I'm applying for the 2024 cycle! Aiming to take the LSAT in August/September. I've purchased the powerscore bundle and started listening to some LSAT related podcasts to get into the grove of things. 

OceanBlue
  • Applicant

So this is hard for me but I need to be honest with myself, I was going for 2023 admissions cycle and did my application at TMU, but I failed miserably at hitting the LSAT score I wanted, and I need to accept that my chances of getting accepted will be better in 2024. 

I'm writing my Paralegal certification exam at the end of March 2023, so my plan for the 2024 admissions cycle will be to go back to work full time, and then start re-studying (using LSAT Lab) for a few hours a night 4 nights/week in April 2023, and just stick to studying 4 nights a week until I can regularly PT in the high 160's or better.   I will plan to write the LSAT for 2024 admissions cycle sometime between June-October 2023. I really want to avoid the same mistake of applying to Ontario law schools without knowing my score, so I am going to try my best to write in September 2023 at the latest.  This will give me a chance to see my score when applying to Ontario schools (the deadline this year was Nov 1st), and put me in a position to apply for early admissions at any US schools where I think I could get a scholarship. 

Waiting a year to go in 2024 vs. 2023 is also going to give me 18 or so months of working full time to save up more money before starting law school, as I heard it's very hard to work part time during L1.  The downside is that I was looking forward to starting in fall 2023, and I will have to re-contact all my referees to resubmit their letters to OUAC for the 2024 cycle (which is kind of embarrassing, if I'm being honest). 

However, I am now realizing that the places saying that school admissions is usually a 2 year journey are correct.  In fact, everyone from Discord group who will be attending law school in August 2023 has already had a failed or "decided not to apply" admissions cycle, and are now being accepted to law schools during their 2nd go round.  Another one from the GTA is reconsidering her acceptances for 2023 to some US schools, due to missing out on the Ontario application deadline, and will likely be reapplying in Ontario for 2024 as well.  

Just wanted to share my experience with everyone, and look forward to keeping in touch during the 2024 admissions cycle! 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
adhesiveberry
  • Applicant

I will be applying for the 2024 cycle! Taking my Lsat in two days for Feb 10!! Doing it early in case I end up needing to do it again so I can give myself time to do it again in June! 

• 2 months later...
PumpkinsPatch
  • Applicant

Doing the LSAT in June! I saw someone here was using power score, while its alright in terms of introducing you to concepts its way too wordy and honestly gives you easier questions making you feel more confident than you should. I wouldn't rely solely on those books