October LSAT

adragon
  • Applicant

Hi everyone! 

Hope everyone has survived the heat this past week! 

I'm a currently going into my fourth year at UBC and will be applying for Allard this coming fall, and I have yet to take my LSAT. I just missed the deadline for the August LSAT, and also just don't feel 100% ready to take it yet and am registering for the October one now. 

My GPA is around 89% (self calculated with drops) and I was just wondering if applying after October (after the LSAT marks come out) will affect my application, since I've heard a lot of early decisions are sent out in November. 

Thanks so much!! Keep enjoying the rest of your summer! 🙂 

Renerik
  • Law Student

August would have been optimal but oh well. You'll be unlikely to be included in the first batch of acceptances if they come out in November but otherwise it won't cripple you. You're putting a lot of stock in October though, hope you do well because your chances will drop significantly if you have to retake in January from what I've seen in the past acceptance threads.

Otherwise, good GPA, will give you some breathing room for your LSAT score.

adragon
  • Applicant

Yea, August was what I was aiming for, but stuff came up and don't feel that ready yet. Thank you for the assurance, will put my 100% in for the October test to make sure that score is the one! 

• 1 month later...
lawstudent99
  • Applicant
On 7/3/2021 at 3:13 AM, Renerik said:

August would have been optimal but oh well. You'll be unlikely to be included in the first batch of acceptances if they come out in November but otherwise it won't cripple you. You're putting a lot of stock in October though, hope you do well because your chances will drop significantly if you have to retake in January from what I've seen in the past acceptance threads.

Otherwise, good GPA, will give you some breathing room for your LSAT score.

Just wondering, If I intend on taking it for the first time in January while applying in this upcoming cycle will that affect my chances ?

Renerik
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, lawstudent99 said:

Just wondering, If I intend on taking it for the first time in January while applying in this upcoming cycle will that affect my chances ?

Yea. January isn't recommended because by the time you get your score back, more than half of acceptances have already been doled out so you're competing for fewer seats.

maybemaybe
  • Applicant
On 9/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, Renerik said:

Yea. January isn't recommended because by the time you get your score back, more than half of acceptances have already been doled out so you're competing for fewer seats.

I'm planning on writing in November, would it be possible to be accepted in the January and February acceptances then?

Renerik
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, maybemaybe said:

I'm planning on writing in November, would it be possible to be accepted in the January and February acceptances then?

Absolutely.